BASC Council Elections.

Kalahari

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/2/2018 at 09:58, sako751sg said:

Alasdair Mitchell has always came across as a decent down to earth fella to me.

Usually his written stuff if well worth a read.

On 3/2/2018 at 10:07, Scully said:

Agreed. BASC’s gain is sadly the NGO’s loss. He is a good man to have on any side, and unlike the duplicitous politico speak of some I could mention, tells it how it is and speaks his mind. 

On 3/2/2018 at 13:50, grahamch said:

A vote for Alistair would not be a wasted vote. Nice bloke, sensible headvand gets things done,

Great minds think alike.

Peter.

I'm quite sure that alistair will be a popular vote; however he let me down in his former job at BASC, although I do understand that he did a good job.

My votes are based on personal experience with the chosen candidates.

Members will read the CVs and make their considered choices.

Pass or fail,  at least I've done more than most members will be bothered to do, and that is VOTE.

webber

22 minutes ago, webber said:

Peter.

I'm quite sure that alistair will be a popular vote; however he let me down in his former job at BASC, although I do understand that he did a good job.

My votes are based on personal experience with the chosen candidates.

Members will read the CVs and make their considered choices.

Pass or fail,  at least I've done more than most members will be bothered to do, and that is VOTE.

webber

Left BASC a while ago which wasnt an easy choice but thought the direction it was being steered wasnt for me so the voting probably isnt for me to comment but i hope that members do vote for the sake of the organization.

I know BASC get a fair bit of bashing and a lot justified imo but no doubt a strong and united BASC is a great voice for shooting and as mentioned before if the correct men were in the job im pretty sure some ex members would consider a new membership.

On 3/2/2018 at 11:24, Salopian said:

I would certainly agree with voting for Alisdair , he was one who successfully outed the corruption going on in BASC not long ago , whilst other Council members who knew what was going on turned a Nelson's eye. We need new blood , not yes men who are just along for CV enhancement and an expenses account.

Well said, sir :good:

In reference to Liz's post above, sadly there is no shortage of stupidity in the world and the shooting community has it's fair share along with every other interest group.

There will always be the wilfully ignorant and deliberately divisive to make posts such as that, sadly Facebook and the like give them an outlet and a ready made audience where others that are hard of thinking can applaud.

I'm still here guys, years of fieldsports activity, although I can guarantee I would never call myself and expert in any of them. I do have a wide range of interests, all at the lower cost end of the spectrum. But I do know what it is like to beat in the freezing cold with the mud half-way up tall wellies, get out on the foreshore in an icy wind and stalk in hard conditions.

I really don't think negative campaigning is all that good a thing in the long run.

David.

3 hours ago, Scully said:

? Great stuff! 

Followed that post when it was made on FB and i think the first post was by Chadwick saying he was voting for the female because she was young and all the men were old crusties then he started getting all white knighty because some folk started taking the pee out of the female candidate.

Seems one rule for "old crusties" and another for young tidy females!

BASC response

https://basc.org.uk/blog/featured/basc-statement-4

BASC statement on social media conduct

Mar 15, 2018

BASC-logo-Square-200x200.jpgThere have been wholly unacceptable comments on social media in recent days which were dismissive of women in shooting and derogatory to individuals. BASC is clear that such activity is intolerable and incompatible with our pursuance of the highest standards.

Such repugnant comments directly contradict the standards expected of BASC members.

BASC is at the very forefront of encouraging more women to take up shooting, become members of the association and be represented on council. We are proud that female membership is our fastest growing membership category. Long may this continue.

By standing together as the largest shooting organisation in the UK, BASC has a stronger voice to promote and protect shooting for all, including our female members.

Peter Glenser, chairman

Ian Bell, chief executive

1 hour ago, sako751sg said:

Followed that post when it was made on FB and i think the first post was by Chadwick saying he was voting for the female because she was young and all the men were old crusties then he started getting all white knighty because some folk started taking the pee out of the female candidate.

Seems one rule for "old crusties" and another for young tidy females!

I was never impressed at the Chelsea Bun Club articles inside the back cover of the BASC mag'. Rightly or wrongly they always struck me as elitist and they always made me cringe. I didn't feel it was the way to go.   I don't know too many female game shooters but I can imagine their opinions of the Chelsea Bun Club. 

30 minutes ago, Scully said:

I was never impressed at the Chelsea Bun Club articles inside the back cover of the BASC mag'. Rightly or wrongly they always struck me as elitist and they always made me cringe. I didn't feel it was the way to go.   I don't know too many female game shooters but I can imagine their opinions of the Chelsea Bun Club. 

Im exactly the same.

If females want to shoot they can batter on but some seem to think that having a nice set of **** allows them a pass without earning it.

I know some females involved in field sports and all want treated the same as everyone else and dont play the lady card when it suits.