BASC Council Elections.

Kalahari

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A big thank you to those of you that voted this week.

There are now only 20 days to go (June 8th cut off day), can PW squeeze out any more votes for David (Kalahari) and me.

David and I appreciate every vote we get and the support you have already kindly given to us both.

Many thanks

Terry

Edited by bakerboy

Had a stroke of luck today.

I was walking back to the clubhouse after delivering a lesson and noticed a couple of lads who were obviously new to shooting, I stopped and offered a little advice.

As I was about to leave them, one of the lads mentioned he was a BASC member, as was the other it turned out.

I mentioned I was standing for BASC Council and two votes were promised.

It pays to do a good turn.

• 8 months later...

Bit of a Zombie thread this but I am resurecting it because I am standing for BASC council again this year. The main change is that I will be standing for a national seat which means that anybody in the UK who is a BASC member can vote for me. There are three vacancies and nine people standing so I could really do with your vote. I have attached a pdf file of the piece that will be printed in the BASC magazine. Voting papers will appear in the BASC magazine and voting will be available on line.

Many thanks,

David,

David Seager.pdf

I have just had a look at the BASC Elections on line .

Very surprised at some of the nominations standing for election.

I would caution you all to be careful who you vote for , heed the saying , 'A new broom sweeps clean' as a number of candidates have served BASC before , yet actually done nothing whilst in post except claim expenses. 

Do your research and make the right choice to help the association move forward and shed its image of a few years past.

5 minutes ago, sako751sg said:

Alasdair Mitchell has always came across as a decent down to earth fella to me.

Usually his written stuff if well worth a read.

Agreed. BASC’s gain is sadly the NGO’s loss. He is a good man to have on any side, and unlike the duplicitous politico speak of some I could mention, tells it how it is and speaks his mind. 

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Agreed. BASC’s gain is sadly the NGO’s loss. He is a good man to have on any side, and unlike the duplicitous politico speak of some I could mention, tells it how it is and speaks his mind. 

For sure.

Good solid man to have in any organisation imo.

I would certainly agree with voting for Alisdair , he was one who successfully outed the corruption going on in BASC not long ago , whilst other Council members who knew what was going on turned a Nelson's eye. We need new blood , not yes men who are just along for CV enhancement and an expenses account.

2 hours ago, Salopian said:

I would certainly agree with voting for Alisdair , he was one who successfully outed the corruption going on in BASC not long ago , whilst other Council members who knew what was going on turned a Nelson's eye. We need new blood , not yes men who are just along for CV enhancement and an expenses account.

If Alistair was in charge I would seriously consider rejoining......maybe.