Help on criminal record search

walksatnight

Either declare your limited memory to the FEO or apply for a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act. Your FEO will already know your record. The only point of a SAR is that you can give exact details rather than a vague memory.

Personally, I would just tell the FEO what you can remember.

Either declare your limited memory to the FEO or apply for a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act. Your FEO will already know your record. The only point of a SAR is that you can give exact details rather than a vague memory.

Personally, I would just tell the FEO what you can remember.

+1

Hi guys I'm just about to apply for my sgc

now I do have a bit of history for poaching on military land it was a long time ago 10 years plus

I do remember getting a fine but I can't remember the details etc

Where can I find all the ins and outs of my history to please the firearms officer

Cheers Jim

Just been through this with my S/G renewal...phoned the FEO, told him I couldn't remember dates etc,

they know all your SP from day blonk anyway, reply was fill in what you can, we know anyway.

Pain in the **** IMO, had my S/G for over 40yrs, yet you still have to jump through hoops like this at renewal.

That's a bit strong , minnibbb had a new person start work with he was in the forces from 17 to 35 we got on well with each other,dident tell him I shot clays tilla year later ,then he came out with me a few times got the bug ,applied for his sgc ,all going well ,then a knock on the door ,the feo turned up , told him that he might prosecuted for giving false information that he had no Criminal record ,it turned out that when he was 17 got In to a fight and they both went through a shop window charges for the fight was dropped but breaking the shop window they both went to court got a fine he had to go in front of his commanding officer ,he for got this the feo took this in consideration he was very lucky got his licence so please don't judge everybody Don't you know poachers are the best game keepers

The proprietor and RFD of a gun shop 20 minutes away from me is a former poacher. 🙂

Just put approximate dates and state you don't know the exact charges if that is the case. It is not declaring that causes problems more often than the conviction, within reason of course.

That's a bit strong , minnibbb had a new person start work with he was in the forces from 17 to 35 we got on well with each other,dident tell him I shot clays tilla year later ,then he came out with me a few times got the bug ,applied for his sgc ,all going well ,then a knock on the door ,the feo turned up , told him that he might prosecuted for giving false information that he had no Criminal record ,it turned out that when he was 17 got In to a fight and they both went through a shop window charges for the fight was dropped but breaking the shop window they both went to court got a fine he had to go in front of his commanding officer ,he for got this the feo took this in consideration he was very lucky got his licence so please don't judge everybody Don't you know poachers are the best game keepers

He forgot it, or more likely, most squaddies think because it was dealt with by the military that's where it stays. This isn't the case, crime in the military is subject to the same reporting and input on PNC etc, a summary hearing by a CO is the same as a magistrates appearance.

Personally if I was a FEO I'm not sure I'd want someone convicted of poaching being given a sgc or fac?

Doesnt really scream good character!!

Have you never made a misjudgement or mistake you regretted but have been given a second chance?!? Like the OP says, it was 10 years ago, I am assuming whilst immature youth not thinking about consequences!! So long as he has kept his nose clean since, I can't see an issue.

In answer to the original question, I only had speeding convictions, so many I couldn't remember, so I declared what I remembered and then said I'd had approx. 6-8 more but can't remember dates. So long as you try and be honest and give as much detail as you can, you should be Ok, as already said, they already know the answer, they're just testing to see your honesty, and given your prior, I would try and be as honest and diaphanous as possible!!

Let us know how you get on...

ATB

Lloydi