Fieldsports Channel.

oxfordfowler

Just watched the recent programme - the first story covered is about a chap that was shot by his mate and comparing insurance for this sort of accident.

However at about 02:45 you will see three guys walking toward the camera the middle guy is carrying a slab of cartridges under his left arm and what looks to me like a closed shotgun in his left hand which is pointing directly at the cameraman. So much for the safety aspect of the clip and shooting a mate.

Episode 378

Damn cannot get the clip to attach.

Ah well look for yourselves.

https://www.youtube.com/attribution_link?a=HOj_-cWWG_Y&u=/watch%3Fv%3Ds4O5svxT-V8%26feature%3Dem-uploademail

Edited by oxfordfowler

That brings to mind the saying (stupid is as stupid does) mind you I've seen worst in PW video section with two people in the hide, but that brings us back to how accident happen in the first instance, safety first, double check your gun and don't trust your mate has emptied his gun, don't be scared to check it yourself.

Have any of you bothered to click onto the Insurance comparison link?

Very worrying , it seems as though the cover from many is not too good .

I suppose all the Insurances cover our legal obligation , but very little if anything else?

I noted that none appeared to be clear in explaining personal injury cover, so I will assume I am not covered ?

Yes members are covered, and we send full details of the cover with every new card and every renewal letter.

If someone injures you, you have a claim against them that will include loss of earnings, any other costs you incurred, and of course compensation for the injury. The level of compensation for the injury depends on how much it has effected you and is based on medical reports.

If you injure yourself or if someone injures you, you still have the personal accident cover which includes payments for each day you are in hospital plus payments for disability as a result of the accident, again payments for disability will be based on medical reports

The level of personal accident cover is relatively small compared to the compensation you could receive from a liability claim, but BASC does offer additional personal accident cover which also applies when you are not shooting

David

Salopian, yes absolutely

Figgy, the big issue is what if the person who injures you is not a member of anything, no insurance and no assets, you are scuppered

In Alfies case I have no idea why the other chaps insurer are apparently refusing to pay, it seems a very clear cut case in my view based on over 20 years of handling insurance claims in our sector, that he is liable and the policy should respond

Thank you David, that puts my mind at rest.

As the old TV advert used to say " Get the strength of Insurance around you."

So a decent Insurance policy , a decent Magazine , an exceptional Firearms Team representing you if you need them, an Antique Employee on the Antiques Roadshow , and an approachable member of Staff looking in on this Forum makes BASC very good value for money .

Thank you David, that puts my mind at rest.

As the old TV advert used to say " Get the strength of Insurance around you."

So a decent Insurance policy , a decent Magazine , an exceptional Firearms Team representing you if you need them, an Antique Employee on the Antiques Roadshow , and an approachable member of Staff looking in on this Forum makes BASC very good value for money .

Very true..... more importantly make sure every other is a member!

I can believe it on here when someone post about advise on best organisations to join as they have had their guns taken.I wonder if these people have the attitude towards car insurance?

It should be compulsory that liability insurance must be in place prior to grant of licence.IF YOUR NUMB ENOUGH NOT TO HAVE IT,YOUR TOO NUMB TO BE GRANTED FAC/SGC