Myth busted? Possibly not for me.

JDog

If you get out early in the mornings you can watch for flight lines coming out of the towns. Invariably they will be feeding in the countryside - unless they are on clover in parks and on pitches.

The best lines I have ever seen have been long ones stretching for up to five miles coming out of towns and cities.

+1 exactly jdog

I seam to remember there was a rape grown a few years back the the pigeons would not get on, they seam dislike it, down side was the oil yields was no better than the rape that the pigeons had hit in the past so don't now what happened to it.

As for pigeon numbers in areas. Few years back i had 3 fields that was an experiment, it was spring wheat put in in autumn, how ever, it went leggy and fell over right from the get go. Every Pigeon in the area hit it as if it was their last meal, for a lot of birds t was their last meal. We shot every 3rd day with 200+ every time for 10 weeks. Because it laid it didn't dry as quick so took longer to dry. Good time hay, no! not really, ever since that year we never get bag on that area. Before the wheat we would have good as there, peas always shot well, as did and pop hole in cereal. I personally think, after that year, we had shot so many pigeons that we out shot the area and the pigeons still haven't recovered to the numbers they use to be. Basiccly shot out as we say. Even the drilling this year and. Have seen no birds on it. So bad years to?Low the good years are. You thoughts

I seam to remember there was a rape grown a few years back the the pigeons would not get on, they seam dislike it, down side was the oil yields was no better than the rape that the pigeons had hit in the past so don't now what happened to it.

As for pigeon numbers in areas. Few years back i had 3 fields that was an experiment, it was spring wheat put in in autumn, how ever, it went leggy and fell over right from the get go. Every Pigeon in the area hit it as if it was their last meal, for a lot of birds t was their last meal. We shot every 3rd day with 200+ every time for 10 weeks. Because it laid it didn't dry as quick so took longer to dry. Good time hay, no! not really, ever since that year we never get bag on that area. Before the wheat we would have good as there, peas always shot well, as did and pop hole in cereal. I personally think, after that year, we had shot so many pigeons that we out shot the area and the pigeons still haven't recovered to the numbers they use to be. Basiccly shot out as we say. Even the drilling this year and. Have seen no birds on it. So bad years to?Low the good years are. You thoughts

4000+ birds off those 3 fields?

Not surprised you struggle for numbers these days.