Night Vision

Jayze

Hi

I have been searching the DIY Night Vision threads (not all of them as there are quite a few to read through) - but is there a preferred std list of items that are now associated with the high def diy night vision platform that I should be looking to acquire to make myself a nigh vision device to allow me to carry out some rabbit and vermin control?

Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for you help here.

Kind regards

Jay

E700 camera fitted into a Flow plast pipe fitting from Screwfix. T20 IR torch. 3 laptop batteries. Car reversing Monitor and a box the same size.

Then put them in a bag and say the Magic words.

Thank you for the insight here, it is appreciated!

Whilst reading a lot of the threads about NV, there are quite a lot of varying viewpoints, so is there anywhere that I can see the clarity - as you seem to lose clarity when recording the view seen with a camcorder etc, as they struggle to focus?

Also, any comparison testing?

My homebuild NV spotter has the screen fitted at the back of the box. When using it, I get some light spillage from the screen which lights up my face etc. I'm trying to think of a way of boxing the screen in, so that I can put the spotter up to my eye. I'm stuck for idea's at the moment though.

Whereabouts are you in Leicestershire? I can show you what to expect from a raw image before it get compressed by video software, uploaded then downloaded.

Hi Dave

Rutland side of Leics.

Kind regards

Jay

My homebuild NV spotter has the screen fitted at the back of the box. When using it, I get some light spillage from the screen which lights up my face etc. I'm trying to think of a way of boxing the screen in, so that I can put the spotter up to my eye. I'm stuck for idea's at the moment though.

i use red theatre gel it help's stop the glare on my face, i tried the near eye idea and it leaves you almost blind for a minute or so after using

colin

Good evening people.

Is Dave G about?

I want to add night vision to my BSA Ultra SE. Been mooching around all day only to be confused by the many selling the gear then going on to say you need to pay extra for IR lamp.

Dave if you are reading this, please could you tell me mate if you sell a full kit to add to my scope?

My scope details are:

Magnification: 6x-24x
Weight: 23.99oz/680g
Length: 16.1in/410mm
Brightness Control:RG-5 levels
Objective Diameter:1.97in/50mm
Eye Relief:75.94-81.53mm/3.0-3.2in
Tube Diameter:1.0in/25.4mm
Field of View(@100yds):3.98-16.24
Reticle Type: Range Finder reticle
Shock/water/fogproof:Yes
Nitrogen Filled:Yes
1x 6-24x50 rifle scope

Looking for full set up please and how much please pal?

Good evening people.

Is Dave G about?

I want to add night vision to my BSA Ultra SE. Been mooching around all day only to be confused by the many selling the gear then going on to say you need to pay extra for IR lamp.

Dave if you are reading this, please could you tell me mate if you sell a full kit to add to my scope?

My scope details are:

Magnification: 6x-24x

Weight: 23.99oz/680g

Length: 16.1in/410mm

Brightness Control:RG-5 levels

Objective Diameter:1.97in/50mm

Eye Relief:75.94-81.53mm/3.0-3.2in

Tube Diameter:1.0in/25.4mm

Field of View(@100yds):3.98-16.24

Reticle Type: Range Finder reticle

Shock/water/fogproof:Yes

Nitrogen Filled:Yes

1x 6-24x50 rifle scope

Looking for full set up please and how much please pal?

'ere I be. :)

Blimey lots of scope detail there except what matters for night vision add on use. :lol:

Your scope needs adjustable parallax, preferably side focus for easy access - and note the range markings will differ for night because IR light focuses closer - not that you can read the ranges anyway.

For my rigs it will also require a smooth parallel eye bell (with no illuminated retical module)

Loads of other questions you might have will be answered here - and particularly note I never supply anything with batteries or charger that could lead to compensation disputes if someone does something soopit with them. I'd rather simply not make a sale than supply anything with batteries or charger and sleep easy knowing my kids can't possibly lose their inheritance for the few quid I make on a build.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/topic/349712-kwikfit-add-on-night-vision-rigs-reduced-prices-for-2017/

I'm in the process of changing the integrated torches to EVO torch systems so some minor details may differ.

Edited by Dave-G

Cheers Dave, so can I not manage with the scope I already have?

No problem about batteries and chargers, I've accumulated quite a few over the years for use with Cameras, scanners etc.

So from the latter it is safe to say hang till you have made changes?

No problem about batteries and chargers, I've accumulated quite a few over the years for use with Cameras, scanners etc.

If you have a non PA scope the distances your NV will focus at will be very limited to possibly less that 50 yards either side of the night time sharply focused range - which will be closer than in daylight. Having camera experience means you probably know about depth of focus.

'MY' Collet Chuck' camera adaptor (suiting eye bells from 39mm to 45mm diameter) would not suit a scope that has a module on the eye bell - nor a tapered eye bell like some scopes have, although I can supply a slide on adaptor in some cases if I know the exact diameter of the eyebell.

The batteries are 18650's available from old laptop packs - or here are good value ones: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/222204405077

Ok Dave, thanks mate, want to purchase one but off to bed now as I have to be up handy. Will have another read up on scopes tomorrow. Or be easier if you can put me onto a cheapish scope if that is the best way to go about this as I want to get the best out of your setup.

Sorry I didn't address this fully: Fixed focus scopes can sometimes produce useful results at sub 100 yards ranges - and I hadn't kept in mind you are intending to use it for air ranges. :oops:

Shame you weren't closer to come for an un-obligated demo. I don't know what scope you have. If its the focus that is causing the concern - then rather than definitely change it - you might like to consider the NV first because it MIGHT be ok for your intended range.

EDIT:

DOH - old age and mild dyslexia. :oops: I can still currently supply the cheaper T50 type with the standard Chinese LED that is more than enough for air ranges.

The newer range will allow more options between short or longer range which doesnt apply in your case.

Edited by Dave-G