fox rifle

dazza

Care to quote chapter & verse on that? I.e the Statute, or the case where someone was successfully prosecuted for reloading? Someone who was reloading being stopped by being prosecuted for someting else doesn't count.

Mind telling me where you buy your primers and powders in the ROI? I'd love to know ;)

Care to quote chapter & verse on that? I.e the Statute, or the case where someone was successfully prosecuted for reloading? Someone who was reloading being stopped by being prosecuted for someting else doesn't count.

Mind telling me where you buy your primers and powders in the ROI? I'd love to know :P

:D;);)

Because not only can they not buy military calibres in Ireland, they can’t reload either. :D

G.M.

Almost complete rubbish. I suspect you are recycling misinformation you have picked up on the web. I'm sorry, but it gives me the impression of not being up to your usual standard of postings.

I think you can reload in Northern Ireland

So do I

as yet, not in southern Ireland.

Well I’m fikkin' sorry I’m sure. I was only repeating what the Irish lads on here had said. OK I got mixed up with north and south; big deal. :good:

No doubt I can always look to the forums new know-all to put me right in the future. Gordon ****in’ Bennet.

G.M.

The .17Rem is a very temperamental calibre that will need to be looked after (cleaned on a very regular basis) to get the best results.

G.M.

Graham,

no offence intended, but would you care to tell us how many 17 calibre centrefire rifles you have personally used? So many people slate the 17's just because they've heard they foul that I'd be interested to know what you base your opinion on.

Mine foul a lot less than my 243. It's all down to barrel quality. I clean my 17's no more and no less than my 222's or any other calibre.

The .17Rem is a very temperamental calibre that will need to be looked after (cleaned on a very regular basis) to get the best results.

G.M.

Graham,

no offence intended, but would you care to tell us how many 17 calibre centrefire rifles you have personally used? So many people slate the 17's just because they've heard they foul that I'd be interested to know what you base your opinion on.

Mine foul a lot less than my 243. It's all down to barrel quality. I clean my 17's no more and no less than my 222's or any other calibre.

No offence taken Sako, but what we have here is a common occurrence in which many .17Rem shooters have to clean their rifles ……and one or two don’t. Much the same as with the .17hmr.

We had the same scenario a while back concerning the .204Ruger. It had received rave reviews from the shooting press, but at least two members of this forum were never able to get the accuracy they wanted from their particular rifles.

A friend of mine owns one and swears by it when shooting long-range bunnies and has accounted for quite a few foxes at over 200yds. But! He does need to clean it every 20rds or so otherwise it shoots to a different POI.

A couple of years ago some long-range American shooters came onto the Guntrader forum to discuss this same topic and they were shooting targets at 1000yds with the .17Rem, so it will certainly shoot. (but I am sure they cleaned after each shot to maintain that sort of accuracy).

I have shot one and found it very accurate (and bloody loud) but most of all the factory ammunition is @ £120 per 100.

I have read up about reloading in Northern Ireland and it seems you can in the north, but IF you can’t reload then the cost of this ammo’ (if you can source it) would be very restrictive.

I don’t usually jump up and down over a reply, but it gets on my nerves when someone who I don’t know starts out with-

“Almost complete rubbish. I suspect you are recycling misinformation you have picked up on the web. I'm sorry, but it gives me the impression of not being up to your usual standard of postingsâ€.

Perhaps I ain’t thinking straight at the moment due to medication after surgery. But even so non of us are infallible.

G.M.

Why aren't my "Quotes working" :good:?:D?:lol:?

G.M.

as yet, not in southern Ireland.

All i would say is sir, try and reload in the South of Ireland and see if their is a knock on the door or not. :good:

Frank.