ACME Pigeon Caller

Hi All,

A little off topic but heard someone mention the Primos Crow call, we stock them and have sold tons of them over the last couple of months and had really good feedback on them. 5% off for all pigeon watch members :good:

The Primos Power Crow call is, in my opinion, the best on the market, especially for the price. I have use them for many years with great success. I can call in Crows, Rooks, Jackdaws and even Seagulls. (just to prove I could do it) I bought a Sam Neyt one, and sold it on the very next day. It was good don't get me wrong, but the Primos caller did more.

Highly recommended, and if you buy one, don't give up on it. Practice, practice and practice more!

Somewhere in the odds box I have a pigeon call. it didn't sound like a pigeon to me or the pigeons either. It sounded more like a collared dove with the distinctive tri-sylable doo-doooo-doo call. It just occupied one hand and a load of brain cells that should have been used more constructively​ When a real pigeon came into the pattern. The most impressive calling that I have ever seen was when I was out with a gamekeeper feeding a duckpond and he saw a carrion crow passing by about a field away. We both crouched down behind a hide made out of pallets. The keeper started to really aggressively mouth call with that raucous Gaah, Gaah, Gaah. repeated about four times. The crow could not resist and changed course to come and investigate the intruder. Left hand barrel accounted for him and he came down with a heavy thump onto the ground. I was surprised that we could hide behind a couple of pallets by just crouching down and the crow not detecting or presence. It would have been a master class if had been videoed.

Over the years I have perfected a call for woodies that mimics the sound of fresh wheat seed being thrown on the ground . Never fails . Anybody interested i can teach you how to make this noise . You most be able to whistle and must have a full set of teeth . I only charge £50 per hour .

Harnser

Over the years I have perfected a call for woodies that mimics the sound of fresh wheat seed being thrown on the ground . Never fails . Anybody interested i can teach you how to make this noise . You most be able to whistle and must have a full set of teeth . I only charge £50 per hour .

Harnser

Bargain that Harnser , I would had certainly booked a few hours in your company , the only drawback is , I haven't got a full set of me own teeth so instead of sounding like fresh wheat being scattered on the floor ,mind would sound like blowing of the chaff . :lol:

I have one of these in a drawer! (The pigeon ACME thing) -- it's more or less a single note pipe, so even if you practice speaking 'R's into it, it doesn't sound totally right compared to a pigeon -- a pigeon shifts pitchs a bit when crooing. Perhaps you could play with the pipe itself to shift pitch...

Also, from observing pigeons, the crooing only seems to attract other pigeons at mating time; most of the time otherwise, they are perfectly happy crooing to each other from across trees, in rhythm, making sure not to interrupt their friends, over there.