Shoot captain problems

Most shoots are naturally £400 in the wind i.e. there's a steady stream of expenditure out.

If the bloke has been at it and he is accused half cocked then he'll have no trouble wiggling and riggling off any hook.

If the bloke hasn't been at it then anyone throwing accusations around will (at best) be left with egg on their faces.

Get irrefutable evidence before doing anything.

I love some of the suggestions on here though (insert shaking head emoticon)

A horrible situation to be in. Guilty or innocent, it's hard to see how the syndicate can continue next season with this type of accusation left hanging.

I'm fortunate to be a member in a very well run syndicate and we have never had anything like this. It would ruin the whole set up.

Hi all. On our syndicate shoot we are having a problem with our shoot captain profiteering from the shoot money - £1000 for pellet but on buying £600 worth and pocketing rest along with a few other things we've clocked onto ! The majority share landowner has approached him and told him what he's doing & asked him to step down but he seems reluctant.

Some of the guns are oblivious to this and think he's great

What do we do ? Please share your opinions

Well I can see your problem ,I take it there is a club committee ,then call a meeting to see what is being spent on ammo ,and how much is it being sold to members for . No one minds paying just over a tadge and any profits go to the club for things for the club and you should have a treasurer dealing with club moneys who really who should be buying out of club funds and having put down in a ledger as moneys in ,,moneys out and what for . Or just buy your own between your selfs. Best of luck

I think that'll find the OP is talking about pheasant food.

Well I can see your problem ,I take it there is a club committee ,then call a meeting to see what is being spent on ammo ,and how much is it being sold to members for . No one minds paying just over a tadge and any profits go to the club for things for the club and you should have a treasurer dealing with club moneys who really who should be buying out of club funds and having put down in a ledger as moneys in ,,moneys out and what for . Or just buy your own between your selfs. Best of luck

I think that'll find the OP is talking about pheasant food.

Does not make it very clear but whatI I have said, be it ammo or indeed pheasent food ,will still apply ,moneys have been taken so moneys must be shown somewhere, by someone ,or you could be tax on un earned income by the tax office ,now put that to him.

Our keeper doesn't spend all the money we collect, I'm dead sure of that, but I don't give a monkeys, because i'm not the one filling the feeders and drinkers, mending the pens and all the other thousand and one jobs that go on behind the scenes - If he makes a couple of quid out of me and saves me doing it, more power to his elbow I say.