Cars/phones

Davyo

Even after the new fines,points and disqualifications came into effect today,I still saw at leat a dozen on their phone's on my trip too and from the Metro Centre.Only a couple of old cars but the others would more than likely of had Bluetooth capability.

Edited by Davyo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have bluetooth in my van, and I find that a phone call still distracts me too much as I'm driving. Maybe that's just me being simple but I can't take calls and drive safely. In my opinion using the handset whilst driving is extremely dangerous and quite rightly criminal. Anyone caught doing so deserves the inflated fine and points.

Even after the new fines,points and disqualifications came into effect today,I still saw at leat a dozen on their phone's on my trip too and from the Metro Centre.Only a couple of old cars but the others would more than likely of had Bluetooth capability.

You better sit down for this one.....

Today I saw a few people NOT wearing seatbelts 😬

Also, round here in North West London a lot of people don't have British driving licences and couldn't care less about getting caught.

The woman who wrote my mother's car off had a Turkish driving licence and the police dropped the charges against her after she failed to attend the police station in the days after the accident.

As the policeman who attended the accident said "its very annoying but realistically, what can we do?"

Edited by Vince Green

I have bluetooth in my van, and I find that a phone call still distracts me too much as I'm driving. Maybe that's just me being simple but I can't take calls and drive safely. In my opinion using the handset whilst driving is extremely dangerous and quite rightly criminal. Anyone caught doing so deserves the inflated fine and points.

I aslo have bluetooth in my van and other than one word conversations I all ways ask the caller to hold well i pull over or tell them i'll ring back

I have never dealt with a collision where the use of a mobile phone had been a factor. During the time I was recuperating from an injury I probably dealt with over 400 collision reports and not one had any mention of a driver using a mobile phone.

I have never dealt with a collision where the use of a mobile phone had been a factor. During the time I was recuperating from an injury I probably dealt with over 400 collision reports and not one had any mention of a driver using a mobile phone.

To be accurate you would not have dealt with a collision where the cause had been 'reported' as being due to the use of a mobile phone.

I also have not dealt with one but how many motorists will freely admit that they caused an accident whilst on the phone?

Edited by peek-at

Everyone will keep doing it because there is zero police presence on the roads these days.

Quite true until there's a pile up and some family mangled up in a car. Then you wonder were they all came from.

Like many I see loads on the road on the way to work and that's just a 10min drive.

1 a while ago was doing 45-55-60-65-40-70 in a 70mph area, stuck on his mobile

Coppers not interested at all. Very very frustrating.

To be accurate you would not have dealt with a collision where the cause had been 'reported' as being due to the use of a mobile phone.

I also have not dealt with one but how many motorists will freely admit that they caused an accident whilst on the phone?

Nobody would admit using one. But the other drivers and witnesses certainly would report it. And none did in my experience so I wonder how many are recorded on the official stat's forms?

Must admit i reallt don't see the problem with it, can't see how its any more distracting than speaking to someone in the passenger seat or having screaming weans in the back or a lose pet running about or singing to the radio.

Really can't see how its in the same league as driving drunk

There is a lot of poor driving about generally nowadays anyway (esp on small country roads or in snow/ice) but thats a lack of common sense

I'm sure I read somewhere that a police force was trialing a scheme where the public send in dash cam footage of people using phones or bad driving, tailgating etc and they use it to prosecute, if successful they would roll it out UK wide.

That's something I'm going through at the moment, I reported a **** for dangerous driving, caught on camera, very close to causing a pile up.

Blimey the filter is sensitive lol

Edited by Dougy