Herefordshire OSR

pbutd

Following the principle of 'setting up' where the birds want to be I unfortunately forgot about the other principles of getting the wind behind you, not having the sun in your eyes & that church bells will move the flight line;This resulted in a frustrating start to the morning of being unable to see the pigeons coming,shooting at going away birds &into the sun when it came out.I knew I should have moved earlier on but you always think things will sort themselves out. They didn't & I became more & more frustrated. Eventually I did move & wished I had done so earlier.I think I half wasted a lot of opportunities

...hqdefault.jpg?custom=true&w=246&h=138&st

An excellent watch and some fine shooting there, thanks for taking the time to post it.

That looked a good field to shoot, with the tree in the field and the hedges and oaks around the edges.

Does the lab still pick up, or are they just there for the fresh air and company ?

Some nice shooting.

Just wondered. Would it not have been easier just to move the hide around the tree to face the other way?

A tip for you. Put a load of cartridges in your jacket pockets.... :yes:

Edited by motty

Some nice shooting.

Just wondered. Would it not have been easier just to move the hide around the tree to face the other way?

A tip for you. Put a load cartridges in your jacket pockets.... :yes:

hhahhahh...i noticed that too...stuff was going over your head when you were bending down....and you were getting tooo exited....not making your mind up which one to shoot first.. :lol::lol: .......i larf cause we all do it....... :good::good:

• 4 weeks later...