Update from BASC re the Chief Executive

I rejoined BASC in September after a long spell with other associations. The reason I left was because I felt strongly aggrieved over how our club was being treated. I returned as I still think that it is the best voice for shooting out there. I remain a member of CAI also.

I'm hopeful for a bright future and that this painful and expensive episode will cause lessons to have been learned and then be confined to history.

Onward and upward. Otherwise I'm out for good this time.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David ,

Thank you for making what you have available public.

Sadly this has dragged on for far too long , mainly because BASC have been very fair and gone through due process to make sure that can wash their hands clean of frankly a very bad state of affairs .

Onward and upward , let's go shooting.

Edited by Salopian

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4268276/HR-boss-pro-shooting-group-claiming-unfair-dismissal.html

Please read and digest this , maybe then you may realise what BASC have had to deal with.

Sadly I have a feeling that there may be more members money wasted getting this resolved .

If anyone would like to hear how badly I was treated please ask .

All I can say is that I have a lot of respect for David Ilsley, Steve Bloomfield ,John Thornley, Tommy Mayne, Christopher Graffius, and Peter Glenser.

Like Council members some of the above may move on , but rest assured I will always support BASC and best shooting practices.

Agreed,we never really got an explanation of the Corbridge offices demise..........

I still think BASC are our best Org to protect shooting but there have obviously been many muddy undercurrents flowing !

Yes I had quite a bit of contact with them for my Assoc. Including providing speakers for our monthly meetings. Then one day no more answers to e mails

Blackpowder

It takes a certain amount of courage to let this stuff out into the public domain. Well done BASC, many other organisations could learn from this.

David.

David,

With due respect, I think you mean Alastair Mitchell showed courage not BASC because it was he who refused to reconsider, and forced BASC to take action, he was the whistle blower, you should read the press reports, then you will realise that things need to change at head office drastically, transparency and honesty needs to be top of there list with the likes of you and Terry pushing for it, remember nothing stays the same.

What depressing reading and an indictment of the structure and management of the BASC.

Of course we can applaud BASC for making this announcement, not that they had any alternative with the pending public Tribunals being reported in the Press and probable further similar actions.

Hopefully the Council will now review the entire structure and ethos of the Association and give us something more fit for purpose.

After this , I think they have quite a bit of ground to make up.

Great respect to Bill Harriman and his team for putting up with this debacle and giving us good service throughout.

Back in the old days people would just have the good grace to resign and **** off quietly.

I for a penny in for a pound, sounds to me like one hell of a lot of arrogance and total lack of respect towards others, no organisation needs people like that working with others, best that he was gone.

Edited by E.w.

Put enough money in a pot and the sharks will turn up.

BASC has become a business now and shooting people are just there to supply the moneey for them to jolly along.

Bet no one even gets hauled up before aa judge if they have been misusing funds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4268276/HR-boss-pro-shooting-group-claiming-unfair-dismissal.html

Please read and digest this , maybe then you may realise what BASC have had to deal with.

Sadly I have a feeling that there may be more members money wasted getting this resolved .

If anyone would like to hear how badly I was treated please ask .

All I can say is that I have a lot of respect for David Ilsley, Steve Bloomfield ,John Thornley, Tommy Mayne, Christopher Graffius, and Peter Glenser.

Like Council members some of the above may move on , but rest assured I will always support BASC and best shooting practices.

I must apologise, I was half asleep when I read your post, you obviously have a story to tell, please enlighten us all thank you.

Regards.

A great number of the deceased fowlers who formed WAGBI must be roling over in their graves. To think that this organisation has come down to practices like those reported. Swift then Ali.

Something needs to sorted - and fast.

We cannot have another disaster after the two aforementioned.

I campaigned against WAGBI becoming BASC and it seems that I was probably right.

It is now a very large organisation and seems to be suffering with all the problems that size brings along with it.

Get a grip gentlemen.

Did the second investigation report really say that Alan Jarrett "worked "on the first investigation report BEFORE handing it to committee for them to see ?.then when they didnt accept its findings through the toys out and resigned !

I wonder if Ali was as in charge as everyone thinks maybe a bit intimidated by some of his own staff and paid the price . i dont think we will ever know.

Still better all the infection is cut away and gives the association chance to recover the damage thats been done.