Hello from sunny Cumbernauld. please don't ask 'what's it

Good afternoon everybody,

Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I'm a newbie shooter (SGC Jan 2017) and have recently acquired my first, and I think, very nice shotgun.

My interest at the moment will be mainly skeet and sporting clays and I'm a member at Central Scotland Shooting School (CSSS) where no doubt I will be a regular...... I would like to progress into some rough shooting or, if the opportunity presents itself, shoot some 'woodies'.

I'm looking forward to getting in and around the forum to increase my knowledge of the sport and ask the usual 'newbie' questions :) also to hopefully forge new friendships and meet like minded others at shooting events and game fairs etc.

Cheers

Longshot612

Hi again everyone and thanks for your salutations.

It has been a bit hectic at work and home recently (very messy plasterer in doing work) so I haven't been around here at all since I posted last time. I have however been up at the shooting school with my new gun and thoroughly enjoyed that. I did 4 rounds on the skeet but unfortunately I was a tad rusty and it wasn't a high score.... :/ There's a lot of work going on at Central Scotland Shooting School at the moment, so despite 3 visits I only got shooting that one time, but I'm sure the upheaval will be worth it, I plan to visit again this Friday.

I've purchased some cleaning materials and was looking for some views on whether I need to use white grease on the bolt action slide, it's a semi-auto, the previous owner did use grease on these but the guy in the gun store advised against it. I have read in a forum somewhere 'if it slides grease it and if it rotates oil it' Any thoughts?

Cheers lads.

Longshot612

Well i'll ask !

What is it ????? Even better a picture of what it is would be nice for those that can't read :(

Oh and Welcome to the nut house :)

Hi Snoozer,

Apologies for the confusion. The missing word is 'called' as in 'what's it called?' The response being 'Cumbernauld' Probably won't mean much as that 1980's promo tv ad for the town wouldn't have been broadcast in Northants :-D Thanks for the words of welcome.

Edited by Longshot612

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...