Hull Pro Game

I've just stocked up on a cartridge I've not come across before. Hull Pro Game, 30 grams on no.6 copper coated shot in a 67mm case. Patterns well and killed a good few pigeons yesterday at good ranges. At £60 a case I'm thinking I've found my new all round pigeon and game cartridge. Can't find much on the Internet about them however.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, so it was a price lead deal rather than a component lead deal.

If 30g lead 6s had been cheaper, would you have bought them?

Or was the case length the important element?

They are lead, copper coated lead. I always go for middle of the road price wise for pigeon. These might just do for pheasants as well. Smooth shooting and good patterns which can't always be said for some cartridges!

I owe you a beer - several actually. Thank you for posting.

I rang and again struck out. BUT - and it's a biggy - I finally got lucky as did the OP. Have just picked up 2,000 Hull Pro Game Fibre, 7 shot.

Didn't want to get greedy so left some for any other PWer who might like to pay the going rate for a half decent cartridge but get something top of the range-ish for his dosh - there's 1,500 left on the shelf.

Edited by wymberley

I owe you a beer - several actually. Thank you for posting.

I rang and again struck out. BUT - and it's a biggy - I finally got lucky as did the OP. Have just picked up 2,000 Hull Pro Game Fibre, 7 shot.

Didn't want to get greedy so left some for any other PWer who might like to pay the going rate for a half decent cartridge and get something top of the range-ish for his dosh - there's 1,500 left on the shelf.

Read that again with a different slant on it. Perhaps I should have written, 'but' instead of, 'and'.

What are they? Why copper shot in a mid range cartridge?

Same as yours but 7s.

Read that again with a different slant on it. Perhaps I should have written, 'but' instead of, 'and'.

Same as yours but 7s.

Yeah I get that!!! Did you find out why Hull are making them? Is it a one off run to use up components or are they a new addition to the product line up?

I've just stocked up on a cartridge I've not come across before. Hull Pro Game, 30 grams on no.6 copper coated shot in a 67mm case. Patterns well and killed a good few pigeons yesterday at good ranges. At £60 a case I'm thinking I've found my new all round pigeon and game cartridge. Can't find much on the Internet about them however.

After a good search, i can't either so I've e-mailed Hull asking for the spec's. Should they reply, I'll pass it on.

I seem to remember loading for a gent on an early grouse day who said he was using a test load from Hull. It was called Grouse XII 30gm copper coated 6 shot. It appeared to be loaded in the blue low brass Intercomp case. Shortly after that the purple cased Driven Grouse load seemed to appear everywhere. Are these similar? They tend to use high antimony lead if its going to be copper coated. Antimony is lighter so you may find the shot count is higher. Not allways the case though.

WR

Edited as I got it the wrong way round!

Edited by White Rabbit

I seem to remember loading for a gent on an early grouse day who said he was using a test load from Hull. It was called Grouse XII 30gm copper coated 6 shot. It appeared to be loaded in the blue low brass Intercomp case. Shortly after that the purple cased Driven Grouse load seemed to appear everywhere. Are these similar? They tend to use high antimony lead if its going to be copper coated. Antimony is heavy so you may find the shot count is lower. Not allways the case though.

WR

Antimony is lighter than lead or copper

I think they aren't a long term load, no details in all the new catalogues that are about to go out and I've not had a my to try, I would say it might have been an end of season run but I'll keep you posted.

Most of the guys from Hull are in Germany at the mo for IWA so might be a couple days before you get anything back.

Just spoke to the main man only a short run, and you will be pleased to know the only stock they have left is... You guessed it 30g 7s so if you are a big fan of that loading speak to your dealer and ask them to bring a load in with the next order as they are ready and waiting to go but will not be repeated.