How far do you drive for your fowling?

wildfowler.250

33 minutes ago, Fenland-fowler said:

Do not know anyone on the marsh to go with for the first season. So picked one I do. 

Plus the one I shoot has splashes which I though would be a good starting point considering I’m new to fowling. 

Good point , although most clubs have got a list of full members who would be willing to take you out , as you are new to wild fowling , if you had joined our club you would need to go out with a full member for a minimum of six times , he would access you knowledge of gun safety , identifying wildfowl ect. after each visit your card would be marked and if everything went well you would then have a free hand to visit the marshes by yourself.

Taking in all the pros and cons it would make sense to get access to fowling as close as possible to where you live , mainly you can go at short notice , learn about the area both in the season and the off season , take advantage of tides , weather , moon and while your not traveling to your far off grounds you could be in the right place at the right time and filling your bag up with fowl. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Fenland-fowler said:

Closest is fenland Wildfowlers 

8 hours ago, Gerry78 said:

Your Right fenland my local wildfowling club  is 35 minutes away but there not a great crowd to deal with so il be driving further for wildfowling

Well, Fenland wildfowlers' association is a very friendly club, which offers a mentoring system for new members. I personally deal with this, and have taken one member out to shoot his first ever goose this season.

• 4 weeks later...

Distance anything from 5 mins each way local to 40 mins  to three hours 30  to 150 miles to the east and 21/2 to 31/2to  4 hours  to the west 130 to 180 miles .
 Not counting Scotland which can be 4 hours salway to 10 or more right up north .

Traveling is just an inconvenience in wildfowling Its the most expensive aspect of the sport for me if i lived over the west coast i would save a fortune on diesel and think i could just about satisfy my hunger for the sport over there without venturing east anymore.

• 2 weeks later...