wildfowler.250

How far do you drive for your fowling?

its about 200yds, you must have been a baby in 53, shame you didnt get that that ride you would have been the youngest to skipper a punt

I was 6 years old in 53 , maybe a big baby as I weighed nearly 11lb when I was born in Nov 47 , which was the start of one of the coldest winters on record , and believe or not , I have been cold ever since :lol:

To the Wash - 2 hrs 30 mins (130 miles) each way.

To the Ouse/Nene Washes 2 hrs (100 miles) each way.

6 hours to the Solway

Spent a few days on Shetland this season 11 hour drive to Aberdeen and then 12 hours on the Ferry.

Used to be 2 hours to the wash for me Moved up here in September now it's ten minutes to the marsh or twenty minutes to the Nene washes

Used to be 2 hours to the wash for me Moved up here in September now it's ten minutes to the marsh or twenty minutes to the Nene washes

where did you end up tony, think we talked prior to your plans

To the Wash - 2 hrs 30 mins (130 miles) each way.

To the Ouse/Nene Washes 2 hrs (100 miles) each way.

6 hours to the Solway

Spent a few days on Shetland this season 11 hour drive to Aberdeen and then 12 hours on the Ferry.

Good man!

Glad to see an hour or so is quite doable then. Taken all this for granted living beside the sea!

Good man!

Glad to see an hour or so is quite doable then. Taken all this for granted living beside the sea!

I think some of us forget how easy we have it when it comes to getting down the marsh quicky! When i moved house, i made sure i bought a house close to a marsh that i could shoot!

30 mins from home to closest part of the marsh, but if I go from work its 10 minutes.

Cheers

Aled

2h + to the Solway if I'm feeling Goosey, or 40ish minutes to my nearest duck spot. The joys of living in a City!

15 to 20 mins traffic depending. I wouldn't travel too far as a few blanks and few hours of round trips would wear thin after getting up so early.

I have some of the most iconic estuaries (east coast) in Scotland all within 15 mins - 1 hours drive away for me

I spoke to someone today who was off to Argentina duck shooting.............thats a fair few miles :innocent:

Edited by greenergp

Posted (edited)

Between 30 mins and 60 mins to my local club marshes. 

Edited by scolopax

Most of my driving is done scouting checking feilds and marshes rather than driving to a destination

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:30, Fenland-fowler said:

If I joined the marsh closest to me it would be less than 5 minutes but I travel 30/40 minutes to a different marsh. 

Why don't you join the closest marsh?

Nearest spots for 'fowling Holbeach Marsh (Shep White's & thereabouts) 25 mins, North Norfolk an hour, Ouse Washes an hour and a bit, that's to get parked, not including walking out. 

2 hours ago, motty said:

Why don't you join the closest marsh?

Do not know anyone on the marsh to go with for the first season. So picked one I do. 

Plus the one I shoot has splashes which I though would be a good starting point considering I’m new to fowling. 

51 minutes ago, Fenland-fowler said:

Do not know anyone on the marsh to go with for the first season. So picked one I do. 

Plus the one I shoot has splashes which I though would be a good starting point considering I’m new to fowling. 

Fair enough. Out of interest, what is your closest marsh/club?