Suzuki-Jimny-1-3-shooting-truck-4x4-2005-reg

MB1

Listing for my mate who has just brought a Defender so his jimny is up for sale,

05 reg Suzuki Jimny 1.3 petrol engine, this has been modified for shooting / lamping,

It has been made into a pickup with shooting rail, sump guard, snorkel, 1 inch wheel spacers, nobbly tyres and rock sliders,

In the back it has a lockable storage box/ seats, rotating lamp tow bar and rear step.

Approx 66000 miles but this is still being use weekly so it will go up, the timing belt was replaced at 60,000 miles and has 11 months mot.

Body work is in good condition but please bear in mind this has been used around the farm so it has got minor scratches and scrapes.

if anyone is interested let me know and I'll can pass his number on to you

The car is in Dudley cramlington and is look for around £2400 but is open to offers

post-11254-0-30510000-1488750035_thumb.jpegpost-11254-0-26677800-1488750086_thumb.jpeg

I doubt its a typo. you would never need to replace a chain. they should last the life of the engine and would only be replaced at engine overhaul stage. i have rebuilt many an engine and reused chains if they were not too sloppy. never had a chain break in 23 years of motoring but have had 2 belts snap on me.

the timing belt where still being used in 2004 engine in some of the Spanish built soft top jimny, which this was All can can guess this being a early 2005 models it was in some storage area for a few month then register on a 2005 plate.

Edited by MB1

the timing belt where still being used in 2004 engine in some of the Spanish built soft top jimny, which this was All can can guess this being a early 2005 models it was some storage area for a few month then register on a 2005 plate.

Correct...

I had same type model and it was fitted with timing belt..

Good little go anywhere 4x4.

I doubt its a typo. you would never need to replace a chain. they should last the life of the engine and would only be replaced at engine overhaul stage. i have rebuilt many an engine and reused chains if they were not too sloppy. never had a chain break in 23 years of motoring but have had 2 belts snap on me.

My suzuki 1.3 engine rattled like a bag of spanners from about 95.000. That was down to a worn chain!

Personal choice! But I prefer a belt. Changed at correct intervals, and making sure the rollers, tensioners and water pump are done also. I have never had a belt go.

I think chains are the devils work. The only chain driven engine I trust, is the old crossflows :lol:

not having a go or being nasty in any way mate .........but In my opinion I think your slightly off with that comment a timing chain can fail at any time granted you will normally get a little bit of a warning when it rattles on start up or idle giving the clue that the hydraulic tensioner is not working correctly . they are more likely to jump a few teeth because of incorrect tensioning but I have seen a few snap over my 30+ years of being a mechanic / mot tester