Would you believe? plod on the mobile

djgeoff

Had a police dog handler van in front of me today. He left me standing, he was doing at least 40mph through a 30 mph zone, including going past a school.

The driver could have been making progress Neil. If you get a job that isn't an 'Immediate' i.e. twos and blues, but it needs a prompt response you can drive a bit quicker. If you were recorded on a speed camera and you weren't engaged with such an incident then there would be no excuse and the driver would have to take the points and fine.

Anyway, how can you hope to be a courier if you only do 30 in a 30? :lol:

The driver could have been making progress Neil. If you get a job that isn't an 'Immediate' i.e. twos and blues, but it needs a prompt response you can drive a bit quicker. If you were recorded on a speed camera and you weren't engaged with such an incident then there would be no excuse and the driver would have to take the points and fine.

Anyway, how can you hope to be a courier if you only do 30 in a 30? :lol:

lol. Well maybe, but he shot through Low Road in Conisbrough at 40+mph and then simply continued at the same speed once he entered the 40mph zone, he didn't really seem in any hurry, continued down the dual carriageway in Mexborough at the same speed, not making any effort to pass any cars.

My round was done. I was on my way home in my car not the van. :P

lol. Well maybe, but he shot through Low Road in Conisbrough at 40+mph and then simply continued at the same speed once he entered the 40mph zone, he didn't really seem in any hurry, continued down the dual carriageway in Mexborough at the same speed, not making any effort to pass any cars.

My round was done. I was on my way home in my car not the van. :P

In that case he might have been on the phone and not noticed the 30 signs. ;)

Guest stevo

OK I have........It still looks to me like the passenger was taking the picture??

If you sat in the passenger seat and took the photo you would never get the roof or the window / door strut in the frame. You would have to be around three foot from passenger glass

But let's be honest neither of us are that bothered haha just a great pic catching plod out 👍

Edited by stevo

All these people.who think the police are perfect. A childminder friend of.mine was driving on a dual carriageway and when she changed lanes was hit up the rear by an unmarked policecar with no lights or sirens that as travelling at 130mph!, broke her nose on the steering wheel as the impact was so hard, kiddies went to hospital, car was written off. A Sargent was called, the police in the unmarked car(plain clothes) were hurried away as wad the car they were driving. The police refused to give any details about the car or occupants to her insurance and she was then summonsed and threatened with prosecution if she took the matter any further. they admitted to the attending paramedic the speed they were travelling at. The police do a difficult job often under difficult conditions but when they are no longer held accountable for their action and can do as they please without fear of reprocussions we are on the start of a very slippery downhill slope

I haven't seen anyone on here proclaim the police are perfect or that they shouldn't be held accountable for their actions, I have however seen loads of people on here with massive chip's on their shoulders with anything to do with them, maybe it's these people blame them for licensing issues or something I don't know? And for the record I'm not a police officer.