game prices

Mice!

Ok this isn't new, I was reading a thread a while ago about how little is payed at the game dealers for pheasant anyway cant find it now.

I was surprised to find frozen pheasant duck and rabbit were all just over £4 I cant imagine anyone paying that for rabbit but someone must be??

Mice!

Most of the general public will pay that, when its nicely prepped and packaged in a shop-saves them having to do the messy bit.

The majority of people that dont shoot or fish quite like being detached from the reality of where their food comes from.

Last time I was home I paid £1.50 for a brace in the feather.

Plucked and wrapped about £4.

Pigeon breasts about £3 each.

Apparently the game dealer get the pheasants that are under weight to be bought by the french. They pick them up but don't pay. The french will pay much better than we will so the larger birds go abroad.

It was in a fancy farm shop, where I get minced chicken carcass at £1 a kg, what surprised me was people saying in the original post I couldn't find was game dealers saying they would take birds but not pay for them then you see them at £4

It was in a fancy farm shop, where I get minced chicken carcass at £1 a kg, what surprised me was people saying in the original post I couldn't find was game dealers saying they would take birds but not pay for them then you see them at £4

If they can get for free/pickup more than they can sell why should they pay?

Last time I was home I paid £1.50 for a brace in the feather.

Plucked and wrapped about £4.

Pigeon breasts about £3 each.

Apparently the game dealer get the pheasants that are under weight to be bought by the french. They pick them up but don't pay. The french will pay much better than we will so the larger birds go abroad.

£3 each for pigeon breast's that's £6 per bird are you sure that's right ??

£3 each for pigeon breast's that's £6 per bird are you sure that's right ??

£30 for a pack of ten.

or about £3.50 for a wrapped plucked and gutted bird.

Interestingly those prices have held steady, my local farm shop six years back was charging £30 for 10.

Try venison prices. Game dealer pays £3.25kg. it's more they say they are doing a service taking them off your hands. Can't do anything about it as its the only place most stalkers can sell it. Either that or you end up with to much in the freezer. So that £3.25kg turns into £22kg in the shop. Was out my looking at it in tescos and shaking my head this morning

Try venison prices. Game dealer pays £3.25kg. it's more they say they are doing a service taking them off your hands. Can't do anything about it as its the only place most stalkers can sell it. Either that or you end up with to much in the freezer. So that £3.25kg turns into £22kg in the shop. Was out my looking at it in tescos and shaking my head this morning

we pay less than that from the game dealer Phil goodness knows what he pay's the stalkers

colin

Activiii u want to cry/scream/shake your head in disbelief go to "Costco" the so called wholesaler charges £28 a kilo for venison ,and our local game dealer sells his Pigeon breast for £3.75 Colin your losing a fortune m8 0r selling at a very good price depending on weather you drive a roller or a ford i suppose

Activiii u want to cry/scream/shake your head in disbelief go to "Costco" the so called wholesaler charges £28 a kilo for venison ,and our local game dealer sells his Pigeon breast for £3.75 Colin your losing a fortune m8 0r selling at a very good price depending on weather you drive a roller or a ford i suppose

sadly i am only the butcher at the farm shop i dont get to keep the profits

colin

Ok this isn't new, I was reading a thread a while ago about how little is payed at the game dealers for pheasant anyway cant find it now.

I was surprised to find frozen pheasant duck and rabbit were all just over £4 I cant imagine anyone paying that for rabbit but someone must be??

Mice!

You want to see my Wife's phone bill, she is paying a hell of a sight more for a rabbit ! :no: