Underlever sights, Buckhorn - Red Dot

RockySpears

No matter which glasses I wear i cannot get away with the Buck-horn sights on my under-lever .38/.357; either the bead is invisible, the target is a fuzzy ball or all I see are the horns. Would something like a red Dot fix my issue or does anyone know of the best way to use iron sights with wonky vision?

There seem to be some very cheap R-Ds on ebay, is it worth giving one a go? ( http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/red-dot-sight?clk_rvr_id=1179654828527&rmvSB=true )

I've seen a number of PSG shooters use R-D on shotguns, so wondered if others had used them on other rifles,

Thanks,

RS

Dont buy cheap sights on Ebay unless you know exactly what you are getting . They may be fine for air guns, . 22's and paint ball guns but on a full bore rifle they do not stand the recoil and will fail . I have seen a fake Chinese knock off of a Doctor sight that looked OK but failed after a dozen or so shots . Like scopes you get what you pay for .

XS Sights make a rail that fits over the barrel & lets you mount a pistol scope or red dot ahead of the receiver.

Or try the Firesite rear/front combination, or a Williams aperture mounted on the receiver with the aperture removed (basic ghost ring set-up)