Nicola Sturgeon Referendum News

figgy

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmmm. I blame the Environment Agency.

well xxxx me,.... you bare an uncanny resemblance to the Ack- Ack that used to frequent this site,,,, welcome back fella.. :good: , hope you are keeping well, sadly its not the agencies fault, its still the old sweaties that are up to no good,,,

I just do not get it does she/they really think that braking the uk in to even smaller little countries is a good thing I do think that the EU could or should have been a good thing for us all if they had just stuck to the free trade and helping the pore countries to develop there industries that has to be a good thing for all of us but they could not leave it at that.

The thing that seems funny to me is that she seems to think that it is better to be a small cog in a big machine when she is now a big cog in a small machine in the big machine she has would have little or no say on what goes on in our machine I would say that she has quite a lot of say in what goes on.

There is one issue that bothers me and Sturgeon and her colleagues duck.

They claim to want a referendum, following the result of any Brexit negotiations.

If the result is that the terms are good, will she then campaign to stay in the UK?

If the terms are not good, will she campaign to take Scotland out of the UK, into the complete unknown - i.e. not in the UK and not in the EU? It has been made plainer than plain that Scotland will not be allowed into the EU for considerable years, if at all.

There is one issue that bothers me and Sturgeon and her colleagues duck.

They claim to want a referendum, following the result of any Brexit negotiations.

If the result is that the terms are good, will she then campaign to stay in the UK?

If the terms are not good, will she campaign to take Scotland out of the UK, into the complete unknown - i.e. not in the UK and not in the EU? It has been made plainer than plain that Scotland will not be allowed into the EU for considerable years, if at all.

No, In my opinion, she only has one aim and that is independence, come what may, would Farage have agreed to stay in the EU if the terms were good

No, In my opinion, she only has one aim and that is independence, come what may, would Farage have agreed to stay in the EU if the terms were good

I don't believe Farage would have got the votes if the EU terms had been good, not to mention he doesn't get a say anyway.

The facts are, the electorate was sold down the river by a succession of PM's and Westminster. Some lied through omission, others just signed away the UK without even discussing it.

I remember when we joined. It was never sold to the electorate as the autocratic leviathan it is today. Had the truth been known more widely, no-one in their right mind would have agreed to it back then.

they need us we dont need them.

The other parts of the UK very much do benefit from Scotland. 1 big example is in the balance of trade numbers, Scotland's exports have a very positive controbution to that which in turn have a positive effect on the UK gilt rate for borrowing at low costs.

The other parts of the UK very much do benefit from Scotland. 1 big example is in the balance of trade numbers, Scotland's exports have a very positive controbution to that which in turn have a positive effect on the UK gilt rate for borrowing at low costs.

As I see it the only things that they export are oil and whisky and they build ships that only England buys from them and we only let them build our ships to give them jobs we could and should be building them in England as we are paying for them.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

As I see it the only things that they export are oil and whisky and they build ships that only England buys from them and we only let them build our ships to give them jobs we could and should be building them in England as we are paying for them.

Then you are exceptionally short sighted and altogether ignorant of reality.

She damaged herself and the snp very badly this week, she was so silly and selfish, she believed her claim to another referendum was a bigger deal than the biggest issue of all that materialised this week, she thought she had the clout and popularity to steal the brexit thunder........ :no:

Edited by wandringstar

I think the wrong word is need I think we all "benefit" from each other, tourism itself "benefits" us all as many visitors especially from the US come here for places like London and Edinburgh so a hard border for instance may not put people off but it would certainly frustrate things and then the currency issue would further frustrate things. So to most of our cousins north of the border I would prefer it if we remained in union. :good:

No, In my opinion, she only has one aim and that is independence, come what may

islandgun - I totally agree. Perhaps someone can explain why she continually uses Brexit to fuel her fervour for independence - saying that the next Referendum should be when the results of Brexit are largely known? Brexit is the peg on which she hangs her hat this week. Next week it will be something else. She is more than a bit out of her depth.

She couldn't lie straight in bed.

She damaged herself and the snp very badly this week, she was so silly and selfish, she believed her claim to another referendum was a bigger deal than the biggest issue of all that materialised this week, she thought she had the clout and popularity to steal the brexit thunder........ :no:

There is a very different opinion of that in scotland, most of the tabloids are actually focusing on TM and saying she has made a very brave move by putting her foot down (i should add i think it is the right move and snp were off there rocker with the timings) but the SNP love nothing more than big nasty westminster (and esp the tories) putting its foot down and telling them wot to do, they will get a lot of spin and plenty of ammo out off this and no doubt a few extra votes.

1 political commentator (who granted is fairly pro snp baised) reckons it was all just a big con/bluff and has paved the way nicely for a future referendum in 2020ish as even then stilll not a generation (not even in the more impoverised parts of glasgow :rolleyes: ) Which otherwise might of been rebuffed but now it looks like it was westminsters idea atleast the timing anyway

The referendum is already booked in to be discussed for 2 days at Holyrood, even after TM's decision there is a very good chance snp/greens will vote on it just purely so they can claim that westminster is denying them there 'democratic right' if holyrood votes in favour of it.

Its all for show and gamesman ship

I wish it was really and truely done and dusted for atleast another 4 years or possibly a lot lot longer cos all the **** and amosity flying about here does no one any favours, but all that will happen is it will drag on and on and on until everyone is sick to death off it and then drag on some more.

Personally if we do ever get a new vote it should be just 6months notice get it done and dusted as its all the uncertainty and unpleasantness in the build up is the biggest problem no matter wot the outcome is

Perhaps someone can explain why she continually uses Brexit to fuel her fervour for independence -

GR, I think that because there was a larger majority of people in Scotland who bothered to vote to remain and she now feels that because Brexit is going ahead and that "Scotland" voted still to be part of the EU she has a mandate for another independence vote.

Interestingly I read an article in the Scottish daily mail saying that there was a large number of remain voters in Scotland but don't want and

did not vote yes for independence.

her head is in a cloud.

just as a daft thought what would happen to salmond and his cronies in Westminster if haven forbid Scotland did get independence, would they join the Scottish unemployed list ?? and as Scotland would not be in the EU what about all the Euro Scottish MP`s

If she worked in a private organisation she would have been slung out years ago, she represents silly, teenage, university rebellion, which she should have grown out of years ago, her predecessor was possibly even worse. Corbyn and his rabble appear statesmenlike compared to this snp shower.

On the contrary. Very clever positioning. Her drive is independence and now she has pitched the English against the Scots, The Tories against the people.