Nicola Sturgeon Referendum News

figgy

Saw a clip of Nicola Sturgeon on BBC news this morning talking of another Scottish referendum.

I feel if Scotland get another referendum the rest of the U.K. should also get a vote on this.

After the last one our government gave the Scottish parliament even more money, bout time this self governing stopped. If part of the U.K. Then same rules should apply for health care education benefits the lot. If self governing dependent total independence.

Edited by figgy

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean, but there's a massive difference between a nation voting to leave a political union and other nations voting to throw one out.

No matter how fed up I get hearing about second referendums over and over, i wouldn't want to vote to throw those north of the border who want to keep the union out of it.

If they want to go then they should be allowed to do so; it would be a great shame in my opinion, but we can hardly call for independence from what we see as an authoritative/oppressive regime ourselves but then stand in the way of others who want to do likewise.

The only thing that narks is that a referendum has already been held, and the vote was to stay. This constant calling for another vote because you didn't get the result you wanted is totally undemocratic and undermines the entire democratic process in my opinion.

If the SNP called for a vote tomorrow they would not get the result they crave. Scotland was on a high when oil was $130 a tub now it is less than $50.

Jimmy Krankie is on to plums if she thinks we Scots are now in favour of an Indy vote because of Brexit.

If the SNP called for a vote tomorrow they would not get the result they crave. Scotland was on a high when oil was $130 a tub now it is less than $50.

Jimmy Krankie is on to plums if she thinks we Scots are now in favour of an Indy vote because of Brexit.

Queen Krankie wouldn't start up the referendum bandwagon unless she thinks the SNP will win.

Why does she think the Scottish voters have changes their minds since last time?

Or is the referendum a way to drawing attention away from how badly they're actually running Scotland..?

She's doing what she does best, stirring up conflict. If you tell a big lie often enough, no matter how ridiculous it is, some people will start to believe it.

Scotland is not a viable country to stand alone, its a theme park for tourists so far as its earning power is concerned. They don't own the oil, its not in their waters. If they did get independence the oil industry would relocate to the Humber.

Edited by Vince Green

Guest stevo

She's doing what she does best, stirring up conflict. If you tell a big lie often enough, no matter how ridiculous it is, some people will start to believe it.

Scotland is not a viable country to stand alone, its a theme park for tourists so far as its earning power is concerned. They don't own the oil, its not in their waters. If they did get independence the oil industry would relocate to the Humber.

Bang on !

She is just another activist that got a bit of power, highly divisive, full of spite, but ultimately, like all of these 'highly principled' people, its all about the money, they will do a 180 degree turn and believe in something else if the money is right.

Why not invest her time into working out ways to build more products for Scotland to sell to the world, that's the heritage of scots people, not this embarrassing sideshow, backed by muti-millionaire sports and film stars who got the hell out years ago.

if I, a lowly Englishmen can see it, then scots people ought to be able to see it aswell.

Mibee most scots do see it but when u read the ever so regular threads like this with the same posters all from south of the border telling us wot we should think/do.the more inclined u are to vote yes just to shut u all up. Not a good reason to place a vote but when have scots ever been rational?

If any of u knew much about scots mentality then teling them wot to think is the last thing to do (even if u are actually right)

Rimfire it didn't cost any of ur money, last referendum was funded by holyrood, no doubt out of the education or NHS budgets.

With labour a busted flush down south so potentially looking at decades of english tory government that might be enough to sway the vote.Possibly breiit too might/might not add a few votes.

Althou 1 of the founding fathers of SNP has came out saying he wants to stay out of EU and highlighting the gross hypocrocy of moaning about english rule to jump in bed with EU

Also PM May looks and behaves similar to iron maggie, if a tory lady pm tries to law down the law it will play right into snp's hands.

The Snp spin machine is almost unstoppable and nothing ever seems to stick on them no matter how bad schools/hospitals are doing or wot other scandals there msp's are getting up to.

No one ever thought it would of been as close last time and that was with salmond leading it who was widely despised even in scotland, sturgeon is far more popular up here. God knows wot'll happen, talking about it being next autumn seems crazy to have it before the brexit is all settled and we know wot were left with

Must admit i've never agreed with devolution as just paying for another level of parasites, should of been full independence or nothing.

I know what you mean, but there's a massive difference between a nation voting to leave a political union and other nations voting to throw one out.

No matter how fed up I get hearing about second referendums over and over, i wouldn't want to vote to throw those north of the border who want to keep the union out of it.

Think yourself fortunate you do not live in Scotland.

Blackpowder

Rimfire it didn't cost any of ur money, last referendum was funded by holyrood, no doubt out of the education or NHS budgets.

Which then begs the question where does the Scottish Parliament's funding come from?

The accepted answer is that 85% of Scottish Parliament funding comes from Westminster.

Should the people of Scotland be subject to a re-run of the independence question and be tempted to choose to vote in favour of the SNP's goal in hope of a loving embrace from the titans of the EU, such as the German Chancellor Dr Schauble, then I would urge them to look at examples of how the EU deal with economically failing states requiring support from their neighbours. Greece would be a good starting point.

Edited by Rich_H

Mibee most scots do see it but when u read the ever so regular threads like this with the same posters all from south of the border telling us wot we should think/do.the more inclined u are to vote yes just to shut u all up. Not a good reason to place a vote but when have scots ever been rational?

If any of u knew much about scots mentality then teling them wot to think is the last thing to do (even if u are actually right)

Nobody likes being told they're foolish or feckless.

Is it the tone or the content of the message - or both - that causes such offence? Perhaps the Scots' ire is better directed at the SNP, as they only ever talk about the referendum, causing the "regular threads" about the subject?

If they want to go then they should be allowed to do so; it would be a great shame in my opinion, but we can hardly call for independence from what we see as an authoritative/oppressive regime ourselves but then stand in the way of others who want to do likewise.

The only thing that narks is that a referendum has already been held, and the vote was to stay. This constant calling for another vote because you didn't get the result you wanted is totally undemocratic and undermines the entire democratic process in my opinion.

^^ This pretty much sums up my opinion. Especially the last couple of sentences.

After the 1997 election Blair's government illegally used public money to fund a vote yes to a Scottish and Welsh assembly . This was a political ploy to cement the Labour party's stronghold or rather strangle hold on the vote .

Since then money has poured over the boarders [ free health care , prescriptions and university places ].

Neither the Scots or Welsh could survive on their own which the Welsh admit , but the Scots nationals have stirred up what can only be described as racist phobia amongst it supporters .

Let them pay off their share of the national debt have referendum and if they win then become an independent state . This should then mean that all Scots living in England will have to either apply for English citizenship , work and residence permits or move back north of the boarder .

Edited by Gunman

After the 1997 election Blair's government illegally used public money to fund a vote yes to a Scottish and Welsh assembly . This was a political ploy to cement the Labour party's stronghold or rather strangle hold on the vote .

Since then money has poured over the boarders [ free health care , prescriptions and university places ].

Neither the Scots or Welsh could survive on their own which the Welsh admit , but the Scots nationals have stirred up what can only be described as racist phobia amongst it supporters .

Let them pay off their share of the national debt have referendum and if they win then become an independent state . This should then mean that all Scots living in England will have to either apply for English citizenship , work and residence permits or move back north of the boarder .

Couldn't agree more, the only thing they should get if they leave is their share of the debt. But let's face it She doesn't want out of the UK, she just wants more money and power.

Its not all bad, the SNP has destroyed the labour party's chances of ever getting elected again. Given the leadership of the Labour Party that must come as some relief to all of us.

Bit sad really, I think a healthy government relies on having the opposing keeping check on them and answerable to the public.

With Labour a laughing stock the stories can do whatever they want and get away with it!

Bit sad really, I think a healthy government relies on having the opposing keeping check on them and answerable to the public.

With Labour a laughing stock the stories can do whatever they want and get away with it!

Correct IMHO, too much power in any one area just speaks of disaster?

Unlike Germany who retain, I believe ,the major shareholding over all utility companies,

Our so called brains gave it all away to their mates to the detriment of us all in the never ending greed for more profit?

Hey, ho here we go? :hmm: