Nicola Sturgeon Referendum News

figgy

.............[ free health care , prescriptions and university places ].

Let them pay off their share of the national debt have referendum and if they win then become an independent state . This should then mean that all Scots living in England will have to either apply for English citizenship , work and residence permits or move back north of the boarder .

Great post Gunman.

Ludicrous situation regarding HC, medicine and education. This needs to be revoked, disgusting inequality, especially when the woman starts spouting off (again). Boils my ****.

Scotland needs to kick her out.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to remember a lot of Scots look back not forward, when I lived in Arbroath ( lovely place) had people banging on about how we won the world cup in 66 but they beat us at Wembley, I couldn't care less I wasn't even born.

So it seems if she keeps making enough noise about the old enemy no one will care or notice the mess she is making

There are more scots that want in, than want out, an undeniable fact, and a large proportion of those that want out are fresh out of university, with their heads full of marxist garbage.

She needs someone to stand up to her and ask her straight, why did we join the union in the first place?

Devolution was a ridiculous idea, these brats always want more, like toddlers.

Correct IMHO, too much power in any one area just speaks of disaster?

Unlike Germany who retain, I believe ,the major shareholding over all utility companies,

Our so called brains gave it all away to their mates to the detriment of us all in the never ending greed for more profit?

Hey, ho here we go? :hmm:

This really hacks me off. I think most of the water companies are owned by French companies? Ironic really

I see that much of the usual ill informed tosh is again being spouted about how England fund Scotland.

I despise the SNP and I am very much against independence as it would significantly damage both Scotland and the rest of the UK, but a huge chunk of the problem of why we still have such a sizeable fervent chunk of separatists is because they also believe their flavour of ill informed tosh and nonsense.

In order to make progress then there is a need for reasoned and informed debate and that holds true for the Scottish nationalists as it does for those in England who believe that Scotland is the cancerous tumour that is somehow wicking away at your quality of life.

Support for the SNP is waining and support for them is absolutely in the minority as a percentage of voter share, but the anti SNP vote is being shared amongst the other parties. The position that they are in flatters to deceive. I think we will see further losses for the SNP in the local council elections in May.

Great post Gunman.

Ludicrous situation regarding HC, medicine and education. This needs to be revoked, disgusting inequality, especially when the woman starts spouting off (again). Boils my ****.

Scotland needs to kick her out.

Sounds like this really annoys you. Why don't you do something positive about it and write to your MP?

The fishes mate wee fat Eck was going to finance Scotlands independence with the oil revenue and see what happened there 1000s of jobs lost but what about all our whisky taxes we dont need hand outs

The oil is not in Scottish waters and these same waters where this fishing takes place wouldn't be Scottish either.

The closest oil rig is 90 miles off the coast, it's only UK waters because of the royal navy, territorial waters are 12 nautical miles normally.

The whisky exports I'll give you. People do love a Scotch

Edited by Newbie to this

The oil is not in Scottish waters and these same waters where this fishing takes place wouldn't be Scottish either.

The closest oil rig is 90 miles off the coast, it's only UK waters because of the royal navy, territorial waters are 12 nautical miles normally.

The whisky exports I'll give you people do love a Scotch

I take it by "you people" you mean India

Surley anyone with can see that England's tax payers(mainly London) subsidises Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland.

That right aye? Surely anyone with half a brain can agree with grrclark's post that it is a complex matter and needs reasoned and informed debate, rather than simply re-iterating the tosh above?.

Have a look here - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/are-the-scots-really-sucking-up-a-massive-subsidy-9723797.html

Or here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-28879267

- for some examples of the figures and issues that need to be considered.

As a bit of an aside, in many cases and arguments, it looks like London sucks in more more money than it raises in revenues.

Edited by Piebob

Why does she think the Scottish voters have changes their minds since last time?

Some have i think - but both ways. I got a feeling that there are quite a few younger voters who were pro-UK may have become more independence minded. Why? If you cast your mind back to the independence referendum, the Remain camp assured everyone that the *best* way to remain in the EU (as they saw that as a good thing) was to vote to remain as part of the UK. So, many of the bright young things, who now have a vote, voted accordingly as they see themselves enjoying freedom of movement, employment and residence across the EU countries. Now that the Brexit vote has taken place, all that changes. Those same bright young things who value those EU freedoms so much, see the best way of maintaining them is an independent Scotland. Of course, there is a big assumption there that an independent Scotland would be an accepted member. But I'm assuming that between now and autumn of 2018 Surgeon et al will be lobbying and trying gain confidence with EU so the assumption has some real substance.

as i understood it the only reason SNP did so well at the last election was because they lost the in/out vote and people thought with that aside and the union safe they would be the party that does the best for Scotland. Quite a few people i know voted to remain part of the UK but at last election voted SNP.

As a Welshman, if the Scots want to leave it wish them well, I personally hope they don't as it'd be a big blow to the UK and I think we'd all be better off together, it is however a matter for the people of Scotland to decide, I was a strong leave supporter with the EU, I'm not about to tell the Scots what to do.

As a Welshman, if the Scots want to leave it wish them well, I personally hope they don't as it'd be a big blow to the UK and I think we'd all be better off together, it is however a matter for the people of Scotland to decide, I was a strong leave supporter with the EU, I'm not about to tell the Scots what to do.

:good:

Hope the SNP are made to fully finance "Referendum 2: Wee Jimmy Kranky Gets Shafted" themselves, or is the Scottish tax /rate payer to foot their bill AGAIN?

Another stab in the back from the SNP given the poor state of public finances in Scotland...and that's WITH funding from Westminster!

Interesting times...

Surley anyone with can see that England's tax payers(mainly London) subsidises Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland.

Perfect example of ill informed nonsense that I was talking about, thanks for illustrating my point so well.

Likewise your comment about oil rigs not being in Scottish waters is also ill informed nonsense. It isn't a simple case of applying a rule of territorial water extending 12nm offshore, it is a hugely complex and very often highly contested argument surrounding the position of the continental shelf, etc.

Much more simply than that there is also a general rule that the exclusive economic zone extends 200nm from the shore.

Refer back to my first post and appreciate the irony of your comments.

If memory serves - Salmond and Sturgeon had no idea how territorial waters were defined.

I believe they chose to follow an approach that the maritime boundary extends at 90' to the coast line, so due east in this case. There is also an alternate approach that the maritime boundary should follow the line of the land border.

As the border runs broadly south west to north east it has an implication for some gas fields in the wedge of sea that would be affected by one approach versus the others.

The fishy twins naturally adopted the approach that was most beneficial to their argument.

Ultimately i daresay it would be down to the international body for adjudicating on maritime territorial boundaries to decide.

I suspect that Norway and the Faroe Islands would have tried to contest the ruling at the same time as there are still some areas in dispute.

I think it made a difference of something like 7% of the gas production. Working from sketchy memory so could be wrong in that number, but it was a relatively small amount.

There was also an issue where Gordon Brown as PM previously oversaw some change in where the maritime boundary lay using a parliamentary process that meant it wasn't subject to debate, etc.

As with almost everything else it was all hugely subjective with no absolute right or wrong as precedent exisited in many rulings where both arguments or interpretations had been adopted in international rulings and treaties.