BASC Elections

pavman

Just taken the time to read each candidates Bio, the only one that sticks out beyond all others is the lad in Scotland Eoghan Cameron..... his last paragraph about defending our sport is spot on and his belief that social medial must be used to our community best advantage is again bang on.

If we are to attract young people both girls and boys into county sports we must embrace the means by which they communicate and that means a presence on various social media platforms weather we like it or not. Any new comers are not always going to be standing in a circle with a pint of real ale and pipe discussing the merits of any given aspect of a day in the field.

I recently undertook some agricultural pesticides courses to comply with new legislation and the college was rammed full of young folk on various agricultural / county related courses such as chain sawing and horsey related and many looked about 18 to 20 range.

Cant say I saw any posters or flyers representing shooting sports web sites/ media or BASC for that matter (it may be I was just in the wrong place) but at least young Mr Cameron seems to have it on his agenda which is a good thing in my book

Edited by pavman

Hi Pavman

I spent a day with you some time ago.

I use social media to good effect and I know that BASC use it successfully as well.

Perhaps BASC could do more I do not know, but would be willing to promote it.

I hope that you would have faith in me to promote Shooting Sports in all of its many arenas.

Kindest regards

Terry Bakerboy

Hi Pavman

I use social media to good effect and I know that BASC use it successfully as well.

I hope that you would have faith in me to promote Shooting Sports in all of its many arenas.

Kindest regards

Terry Bakerboy

you look better in the flesh Terry, and will get my vote for National candidate not least of all as you have kept your SGC having been married for 45 years so you must be a good listener and very diplomatic :good:

Edited by pavman

Hi Pavman

Kindest regards

Terry Bakerboy

you look better in the flesh Terry, and will get my vote for National candidate not least of all as you have kept your SGC having been married for 45 years so you must be a good listener and very diplomatic :good:

Ha Ha, no batteries in my hearing aid