Who no longer uses a landline

Davyo

Cancelled landline when out of the country for 9 months, wife and I now have sim monthly on mobile each, Two mobile sims are cheaper than landline line rental per month and can't use all the minute allowance.

Won't be going back to landline and no nuisance calls.

Edited by Good shot?

I am rural and the signal is rubbish so landline is there

This is a sore point with me the signal for my mobile at home is bad to the point that I cannot get a signal at all quite often big factory at the bottom of my garden is the problem so I have to use the land line.

Having said that as we all or most of us need the land line for the internet and mobiles do get lost or stolen or the battery goes dead so having the land line is worth it if only as a back up I also have a old type wired phone as the cordless ones do not work in a power cut.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

Still have a land line and use it for the longer calls as I wonder if we are part of a big experiment holding a energy wave transmitter only millimetres away from your brain. Safe they will say but like smoking only time may tell.

I have been using a mobile since 1994, increasing Year on year, I think I would have an illness by now, or at least symptoms, if they were bad for you. I never, ever think about it.

Got rid of ours last year. Rang virgin to cancel it all and they gave me the broadband without phone line for cheaper. Think a lot are doing this now since vodaphone released no phone line broadband.

Me and wife both have mobiles with unlimited calls and texts. So no point.

Mobile only! Has been that way for over 10 years. The house Broadband doesn't need line rental, and I get 10 hours of calls a month on the mobile. I have no reason to pay a second phone bill for a landline.

I also ring for a takeaway now and then for my son! There must be a system in place, as when we ring they know the address straight away!

I pay around £15 per month for 600 mins, unlimited texts and iirc 5gb internet.

Home broadband the son uses.

No landline here, had it cancelled a long time ago but I did port the BT number to a VOIP provider so we retained the landline number. Our internet is delivered via rural wireless solution so dont need a physical line for internet.

£2 pound a month rental for the VOIP and only charged for calls on PAYG, cant remember last time had a bill as just pre buy calls in £10 blocks.

Cheers

J

We have both but we tend to use the landline mainly. I've never thought about all of the points that have been outlined above and am completely ignorant about the things mentioned above from a technical point of view. Where do you get all of the information and knowledge about it all All? I would have thought that it I walked into a mobile phone shop the spotty boy salesman would view me as the salesman's dream and attempt to fill his boots.

That is just what my wife said flynny, and for that privilege its about 17 quid a month line rental. Women :no:

Perhaps it's time to change provider or, at least, tell your current provider you're going to leave them and why and see what they offer.

In Carphone Warehouse in January (Wife changing mobile) and they started to talk new broadband deals now available where there are no line rental charges. I was out of contract with TalkTalk so rang them for PAC No and told them what was on offer (They know what the competition is) and they immediately offered 12 mth contract for same bundle but without landline rental. I saved £17.00 mth. Well, I thought I did until Mrs B said Good, that can pay for my new mobile!!

Edited by Bobba

Never use ours and I won't answer it. If people want me they ring my mobile, if they don't have it then chances are I don't want to talk to whoever is calling on the landline.

My thoughts exactly mate,and most people have mobiles now with millions of free minuits of call time to call me on the moby

Flyny

Have one, don't answer it, answer machine kicks in, you leave a message and we phone you back or about at the answer machine and wife will answer it. It's part of the virgin package where we have mobiles, home phone, TV and internet. It don't cost anything so it's just a back up I guess