Night vision set up

silver fox 1

Hi all i've been using my home built nv now for a couple years with great success but never bothered doing anything about the glare from the screen Reading on another thread lately I see that some are using theatre jel over the screens to reduce the glare I was wondering if there's any particular colour that works best I've also heard of people using car window tints as well So what would you recommend regards SF1

Actually, the best stuff to use is the 3M privacy screen material. From one sheet you can cut several sections. It dims the light and, when viewed from either side, the screen is almost completely obscured and appears very dim/almost black.

It's not cheap though.

Edited by mick miller

Actually, the best stuff to use is the 3M privacy screen material. From one sheet you can cut several sections. It dims the light and, when viewed from either side, the screen is almost completely obscured and appears very dim/almost black.

It's not cheap though.

thanks for that mick I picked some up tonight on the way home from work just fitted it to the screen I am going to wait for the moon to go down a bit and then try it