reloading cost far to high.

Hi everybody.

got equipment to start reloading. contacted clay and game. placed order online to make 250 32g No6's sent copy of sg cert they rang to get payment. Are you ready for this. £ 134.00 of course if i buy in quantity that price comes down.

Now ive read that reloading is not cheaper than shop bought unless your reloading specials but twice the price is an expense that i will not do.

I asked Clay and Game why the expense the order including VAT was £ 88 the answer was delivery charges. so i contacted FES and there prices were slightly cheaper not by much a few pounds, so i had a chat with him.

Apparently the couriers are doing there best to pull out transporting dangerous goods this will include guns and ammo

and as there is only one courier they pretty much charge what they like.

Having spoken with FES we have a possible solution. Which is im going to collect my order if anybody wants me to collect there order i can do that for the cost of the fuel. But there are limits to what i can privately carry.

So if you are close to me and you want me to collect your order please let me Know.

Many thanks

Try local RFDs for powder & primers.

Lead shot can sometimes also be sourced that way (got some from Eley via the local shop)

Wads are light so can easily be mailed.

Once fired hulls from clay grounds for free.

Also check out SIARM in Italy for supplies.

Guest cookoff013

Most of my loads rotate around 180-200.

All the other stuff i wont touch with a barge pole.

I had an argument with another reloader recently revolving around fast powders and steel reloads.

Mine 180/k.

His 2000/k

Big diff. Real big diff.

Tell me about it :yes:

This is a massive pain in the neck if you live up my way (or further up north) as if it's not TNT charging a limb for powder/primers; then is the RFD (as he's the only one getting it for you).

The other option would be to collect but both C&G or FES are somewhat faraway and the cost of petrol will make it a no-go.

the final option is go and collect at local game fair (C&G) which happens once a year (Scone) or drive at least 3 hours to go to the next one.... If i didn't like to experiment so much i would have probably end up giving up!

I will now buy 10 Kg drum of powder, few thou primers and hope they last me for quite some time :lol:

Building up a local network of other reloaders can help, with splitting up delivery costs, or finding someone that may travel past shops with supplies more frequently.

In this case, the freely issued RCA POMSTER documents, from the HSE office in Bootle, would be required.

No stockists within an hour of me, so pick up powder, primers, etc. as I find them.

Building up a local network of other reloaders can help, with splitting up delivery costs, or finding someone that may travel past shops with supplies more frequently.

In this case, the freely issued RCA POMSTER documents, from the HSE office in Bootle, would be required.

No stockists within an hour of me, so pick up powder, primers, etc. as I find them.

How does the RCA POMSTER help?

Hi everybody.

got equipment to start reloading. contacted clay and game. placed order online to make 250 32g No6's sent copy of sg cert they rang to get payment. Are you ready for this. £ 134.00 of course if i buy in quantity that price comes down.

Now ive read that reloading is not cheaper than shop bought unless your reloading specials but twice the price is an expense that i will not do.

I asked Clay and Game why the expense the order including VAT was £ 88 the answer was delivery charges. so i contacted FES and there prices were slightly cheaper not by much a few pounds, so i had a chat with him.

Apparently the couriers are doing there best to pull out transporting dangerous goods this will include guns and ammo

Having spoken with FES we have a possible solution. Which is im going to collect my order if anybody wants me to collect there order i can do that for the cost of the fuel. But there are limits to what i can privately carry.

So if you are close to me and you want me to collect your order please let me Know.

Many thanks

can you please lay out the component prices you are been asked to pay thanks george 07714 323 909

How does the RCA POMSTER help?

Help is the wrong word.

It's a legal requirement if you collect powder for anyone else.

Personal use is exempt. So, buying powder that you will take home & keep is not a problem...as soon as you take powder, which will be partly passed on to other parties, then the RCA POMSTER is a LEGAL requirement.

It's free & takes under a week to show up, so no drama!

If you're not sure Google it, but chances are the gobbledegook explanation online will be more confusing.

Contact George >> Proper cartridges. He will advise you and probably sell you components out of the back of his transport if he is on route somewhere near you.. I know that the other year there was a thread which got a bit heated about selling stuff out of the back of a van. All legal.

Hi everybody.

Many thanks

Blimey. that's a bit of a hike from Telford just to get some components.

Where are you based George?

He gets around more than the Spanish Inquisition! He's based County Durham.

I can uplift from him & have done in the past (for shooters up in Fife/Perth)

Cannot see your location as on the mobile, but have relatives in North Wales & shooting contacts in Powys...so networks to bypass couriers CAN work & add to the savings made by reloading.

can you please lay out the component prices you are been asked to pay thanks george 07714 323 909

Wads plastic from £17 or fibre £16 per 1000 depending on gauge

Shot £3.20 per kg

Primers £26 per 1000 in bulk

Powder £30 to £40 per kg

From FES try and buy enough for six months or more a a time have collected on met up on occasion.

Looks like a black market is happing re powder with with some still able to get A0 at a sensible price which is a powder I liked a lot but no longer available from FES. Why do suppliers need to hide what they are selling?

Edited by rbrowning2

Shot £3.20 per kg

Powder £30 to £40 per kg

From FES try and buy enough for six months or more a a time have collected on met up on occasion.

Looks like a black market is happing re powder with with some still able to get A0 at a sensible price which is a powder I liked a lot but no longer available from FES. Why do suppliers need to hide what they are selling?

I would be interested buying components if anyone can help out. Very expensive sending to me in glasgow. But I can travel as far as the borders to collect.

Shot £3.20 per kg

Powder £30 to £40 per kg

George you any reloading components for sale?

I would be interested buying components if anyone can help out. Very expensive sending to me in glasgow. But I can travel as far as the borders to collect.

Contact George...sort out what you want & I can collect next time I'm down that way. (should be approx two weeks time)

Contact George >> Proper cartridges. He will advise you and probably sell you components out of the back of his transport if he is on route somewhere near you.. I know that the other year there was a thread which got a bit heated about selling stuff out of the back of a van. All legal.

Blimey. that's a bit of a hike from Telford just to get some components.

Aye, but some of us travel past your place on the way to Dudley, or pass nearby on the way to North Wales.

Always solutions to problems...

He gets around more than the Spanish Inquisition! He's based County Durham.

I can uplift from him & have done in the past (for shooters up in Fife/Perth)

Cannot see your location as on the mobile, but have relatives in North Wales & shooting contacts in Powys...so networks to bypass couriers CAN work & add to the savings made by reloading.

Yes I am in North Wales, Ogwen Valley.

All the main suppliers are miles away from here as far as I know.

Clay & game wont deliver powder to my address.