Has anyone got a new shogun?

shootthepigeon

The dealers have had it back a few times but it continues to fail to start occasionally, the battery is good apparently. I have checked online using the reg number and it is suggesting a higher amp hour and a greater cca, I just wanted to clarify the original battery is as spec on all shoguns, if that makes any sense.

Edited by shootthepigeon

mine has just a plain white battery with a black top, no labels on the sides that I can see, sticker on the top says 20HR 68AH 582A, embossed on the top is 80D26L, only embossing on the sides that I can see are the level marks

Thanks for that, it seems it's the same one as mine I am just trying to get my head around it, have you had any problems with yours?

Clutch dust can jam up the starters on manual Mitzys giving symptoms of a lazy starter motor.

lazy starter motor I would think when I had my Jeep XJ that was always slow to start everyone that I got to look at it said it was the battery needed charging up load of rubish in the end I splashed out and had a new starter fitted and problem solved that is the trouble with asking so called experts and not trusting your own judgment .

lazy starter motor I would think when I had my Jeep XJ that was always slow to start everyone that I got to look at it said it was the battery needed charging up load of rubish in the end I splashed out and had a new starter fitted and problem solved that is the trouble with asking so called experts and not trusting your own judgment .

Is there a way I can test this theory without buying a new one, as it's still under warranty, the dealers have allegedly checked all these but have been unable to show any worksheets to prove/disprove.

Is there a way I can test this theory without buying a new one, as it's still under warranty, the dealers have allegedly checked all these but have been unable to show any worksheets to prove/disprove.

If it was me I would have a talk to the dealer and see if you can get them to put a new starter on it and if it turns out that your starter is duff you have solved the problem if it is the same then they can just put the old one back on and send the new one back they do that all of the time costing them nothing but a bit of labour.

I do not now how much of a job it is to change your starter on my Jeep it was a simple job taking less than ten minutes.

Misubishi electrical units are tiny in comparison to good old british and german equivalents and i am constantly amazed the actually deliver the energy required. The down side of this is they do overheat and wear out faster than say a Bosch or Lucas starter.

• 1 year later...
On 12/03/2017 at 18:24, tweedledee said:

my 01 started on touch of the key.i recently bought an 05 and it's a little lazy....I stuck a battery in her a few weeks back and it made no difference..my dad said his always was a lazy starter....your battery maybe ok

Have you checked the fuel lines, specifically the metal pipes coming out the tank before it goes to the actually hose at the back of the car. My ‘04 shogun suddenly started being lazy to start then down right stubborn, the metal pipes above the tank had rusted and were letting air into the line.