protect your noise

jpigeon3

It started today.

If you had the time to misread it and comment, but not sign it, I just hope when something in life starts to affect you, you don't have to waste your time with silly responses.

Sorry my bad, I misunderstood the format of the date thing having only initially given it a passing look..

Edited by TaxiDriver

If you are an active participant in shooting, motor sports, model aircraft flying or any other noisey activities.

Please take a moment to sign or share this petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/188475

Thanks

I think the problem with a petition like this, if we we are honest, is that we are all NIMBYs to some degree.

You may be quite happy to support the activities mentioned in the post, but if they pitched up in a field next to your house, you might take a different view.

I agree that people who complain about church bells, or something "noisy" that was there before they were, should be totally ignored.

If you moved next to Brands Hatch, you can't complain about the noise, might get a deal on cheap tickets though. :)

Cranfield

That's the whole point of the petition and you've missed it completely. If the activity has been ongoing for years and someone moves into the area then why the hell should they have a right to complain and then get the activity to cease?? As shooters we will all know of grounds that are facing severe restrictions or closure as a consequence of these complainant, Purbeck being a case in point. . In this respect the current law is a *** and I'm sure the late, great Lord Denning would be turning in his grave, god rest his soul.

Come on guys stop arguing and bitching and if you really care about your sport/pastime then just sign on the dotted line.

MM

Cranfield

That's the whole point of the petition and you've missed it completely. If the activity has been ongoing for years and someone moves into the area then why the hell should they have a right to complain and then get the activity to cease?? As shooters we will all know of grounds that are facing severe restrictions or closure as a consequence of these complainant, Purbeck being a case in point. . In this respect the current law is a *** and I'm sure the late, great Lord Denning would be turning in his grave, god rest his soul.

Come on guys stop arguing and bitching and if you really care about your sport/pastime then just sign on the dotted line.

MM

Well said. The more that sign the better.

And if anyone can share on social media, please do.

Just out of interest for those of you who shooting at the Essex Masters.

This could help in the future, as Hepworth Hall, the house in the grounds is up for sale. It's on rightmove.

It's a possibility that someone could buy this who doesn't like shooting and complain about the noise. And possibly impact on the future events at this venue.