What would you buy with £400

GingerCat

As per the title. Ive decided I'm long overdue a new toy and it's going to be a pcp air rifle.

The rifle will be used for plinking to clearing pigeons from barns and a few bunnies on a couple of permissions.

It won't be going out at night as I prefer to stay in with a glass of wine and relax.

It will not need a scope as I have a very good one. The charging stuff will be extra to the £400.

So with the above cash what rifle would the pigeon watch massive suggest from its collective knowledge.

No ramblings about .177 or .22 as to 40 yards I've never noticed a difference.

Over to you.

New walther rm8 or used airarms s410.

Sure others will have ideas but those two are the most popular things I sell and for good reason.

Serviced an s410 last week (which I subsequently bought to sell on) and at 11.2ftlb resting at about 20 yards it was literally one ragged hole for 10 shots. Less than 10mm across the hole!!! Can't ask for more than that from a relatively cheap air rifle.

Edd

Edited by eddoakley

You Might find a 2nd hand Brocock Compatto, seeing as there are quite a few people that chop and change with amazing regularity or as said a AA S200 i have one in my collection shoots like a laser and is most likely the lightest one to carry about if weight is a consideration

BSA R10 or BSA Ultra both good air rifles.

I've got one in .177. Superb bit of kit and performs on a par with some of my friends much more expensive air rifles.

+1

Its accurate ,reliable ,great shot count.

Its not plasticky like some ,nice wood and good solid action,perhaps a little tight on the bolt until its worked a bit.

If it has one drawback, its a bit heavy.

But youll soon grow into it :lol:

Ive had lots of nice air rifles, but like I say ,for the money, you wont go far wrong.

You might struggle to find a used S410 for £400 .

I have 4 for sale within that budget.

One of which I refered to earlier.

There are of course lots of other great airguns about.

I have a webley venom viper (2 shot), a hw100, a brokock contour.....probably a few more and they are all very good in their own way.

For those an even tighter budget I can highly recommend the Smk p900.

A brand new multi shot pcp for around £220!! I have been testing a few and they are amazing value.

But the op asked for best upto 400 and I still say rm8 or s410

Edd

I had a Walther R8. When they where launched, they were designated R8. Thereafter it was changed to RM8.

Good rifle, honestly described by a few members above.

If I had the choice of an RM8 or an excellent conditions Air Arms s410 for £400 ... I'd take the Air Arms. Good luck with whatever you decide to buy

Cannot recommend the AA S410 highly enough but, as earlier, you might struggle to find one for £400 - save till you can find a decent one and chrono it before you buy it...bought one from a dealer that was doing 14ft/lb and had another one refused as a PX because it was over the limit - I never touched either of them mechanically.