Spring airgun tuning

washerboy

Sandwell field sports do tuning on HW's have a look at Vermin Hunters to on you tube. They shoot all sorts of tuned springers by Toney.

If your handy with tools and can polish steel buy the kits and do it yourself. Getting fond by a pro costs a few bob.

A fully tuned v-glided hw80 with trigger job.slim tech silencer and front shim job is a gun of beauty and accuracy..engraving.re-blue and stock is extra. A gun that holds value and you can pass through to the next generation and then some

Edited by psycho

That's a shame 😞

Checked the BAR & other sites/shops. Some tuning kits are £20-£30 more than the gas ram units.

My Vulcan carbine has stunning wood; the more I look at it the more it's crying out for a Theoben unit...

Just need to read up on the Vulcan triggers, or find one of the after-market two stage jobs instead.

(Feel happier working on rimfire or centrefire triggers, easier to check for function & no coiled spring in close proximity to fingers)

I had a Hw90, my all time favourite air rifle. Killed vast amounts of vermin with it. Perfect rifle as it would shoot really light pellets and heavy ones and impossible to get it over the limit so was always safe.

I had it stolen from my car

Agreed they are superb, I have had two and still own a 16.5 ft lber but why impossible to get over the limit ? Even the sub lbs can be pumped up and if it's too close to the limit then it'll be over by some pellet or other.

Mine was 10.6-11.4 with anything from hobbys to bisley magnums.

Wish all spring guns would behave like that, I used accupel match , those flat headed pellets. The gun loved them and strangely accurate with them, deadly on rabbits.

I bought it from the airgun centre and it was fitted with a Webley pro system silencer.

This was instead of the then muzzle break

Agreed they are superb, I have had two and still own a 16.5 ft lber but why impossible to get over the limit ? Even the sub lbs can be pumped up and if it's too close to the limit then it'll be over by some pellet or other.

Sorry I ment mine was legal limit and it wouldn't produce illegal figures with extra light pellets or heavy ones, the perfect legal limit gun

This is the type of work v-mach will do on the outside of a gun----the inside is better

WM1_RHSeng.jpg

WM1_Left.jpg

WM1_Right.jpg

WM1_RHSBackeng.jpg

WM1_RHSBack3eng.jpg

WM1_RHSFronteng.jpg

WM1_RHSBack2eng.jpg

WM1_Trigger-1.jpg

WM1_Back.jpg

You don't get to see the inside and you don't get to hear it as a v-mach v-glided gun is so smooth.

As I said the other tuners tune

v-mach tune and more -arguably the best...

as with Guinness some things are worth waiting for big waiting list.

I have a v-mach hw95 in .25 and for rats there is no better gun but I can't show pics of the inside without stripping the gun

above is a one off webley Mark 1 rifle. it's superb and a picture explains all as it looked like rusty scrap until Steve Pope and his team worked there magic on it

also the before scrap pics.the stock is pitted with no colour

IMGP0399.jpg

IMGP0401.jpg

IMGP0400.jpg

IMGP0397.jpg

The blacking and engraving is amazing as is the re cut wording compare to pick above

WM1_Name.jpg

Edited by psycho

If u want a quick tune then Titan mainsprings are amazing ,far superior to Ox springs ,but calibrate after as they can push over 12lb/ft.If you want gas rams etc the Hunting life forum has an airgun obsessive crew on there happy to advise and help atb

With reference to Ian Pope at Venom, I still have my Webley Viper Venom. A sweet acting, accurate, .22 PCP carbine based on the Webley Raider. It's only got a two shot shuttle magazine like the raider of the time. A rotary magazine would have made it the perfect legal limit rifle. http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/rifle-weblet-viper-venom-22-carbine-pcp/