Help to pay 83-year-old Kenneth Hugill's legal fees

Oxfordshooter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest stevo

He had to spend 30k to pay( borrow ) for his own defence. This is what the money is for.

He is only a tennet farmer. I drive past his place a fare bit and it's nowt to talk about I can telll you.

Come on boys and girls stick you hands in your pocket and give a pound.

And before someone says well why did he not get legal aid. The stubborn old ****** would not apply for it 😂 That's an old school Lincolnshire farmer for you.

Edited by stevo

He had to spend 30k to pay( borrow ) for his own defence. This is what the money is for.

He is only a tennet farmer. I drive past his place a fare bit and it's nowt to talk about I can telll you.

Come on boys and girls stick you hands in your pocket and give a pound.

And before someone says well why did he not get legal aid. The stubborn old ****** would not apply for it That's an old school Lincolnshire farmer for you.

if he was entitled to legal aid then he should have applied,how did he think he was going to cover his bill???

if he was entitled to legal aid then he should have applied,how did he think he was going to cover his bill???

Legal aid is now means tested, if you earn above 12k ish you only get a contribution if above 22k ish you get nothing and that’s combined income.

A farmer and his wife are going to earn more than 12K and probably over 22K.

Really rubbish if you ask me but that’s what it is, and legal aid only pay a really low hourly rate that gets pretty basic limited legal representation.

If you are caught shoplifting no problem but for this case you need to get decent representation and that's going to cost you more than legal aid if you can even get it are prepared to pay.

Edited by timps

why does he have to pay legal fees, it was a state prosecution, not a civil case.

I imagine as in lots of cases, justice is there for those that can afford it.

Wise words I have received in the past - never use the public brief.

Would he even be entitled to legal aid anyway? I doubt it after the way they have been cut.

I have no time for anyone going to get keys and taking a shotgun from secure storeage on hearing a car near their house at 2AM. Never mind discharging it towards another human being in a reckless manner.

no neither did the jury, that's why he was found not guilty, or maybe you are referring to a different case.

I have no time for anyone going to get keys and taking a shotgun from secure storeage on hearing a car near their house at 2AM. Never mind discharging it towards another human being in a reckless manner.

After that post I believe you may find yourself in a minority. From the tone of your post I can also ascertain that that will not bother you one jot.

Where on our SGC's does it say they are issued for self protection? Or for the prevention of fuel theft as Farmer Palmer claimed.....

He should have locked all his doors and called 999.

Last time I checked mine didn't mention anything about what it could or couldn't be used for. As far as I am concerned I could use it to hammer nails in (and the way I shoot would be a better use of it)

Where on our SGC's does it say they are issued for self protection? Or for the prevention of fuel theft as Farmer Palmer claimed.....

He should have locked all his doors and called 999.

yes ....................then hide under the kitchen table while adopting the brace position making sure his rusty bullet hole was lubed and ready.

im sure plod would of been on scene in record time of around. 12 hours.

Edited by Remimax