10 bore cart prices

roostshooter1

hello guys

I have put my 10 gauge up for sale and I have a load of carts for it

I have put the 150 bismuth carts up at £300 all in and im getting comments saying im ripping people off

is £2 a cartridge expensive for 10 bore bismuth as 12 gauge bismuth works out at £1.50 a shot

many thanks

ben

Guest stevo

hello guys

I have put my 10 gauge up for sale and I have a load of carts for it

I have put the 150 bismuth carts up at £300 all in and im getting comments saying im ripping people off

is £2 a cartridge expensive for 10 bore bismuth as 12 gauge bismuth works out at £1.50 a shot

many thanks

ben

Wait till motty gets on here he will tell you straight. Me personally seems fair to me 👍

Bismuth is loaded by weight, the same as any other shot type.

To me, £2 a shell is fair. I personally wouldn't pay that, preferring to use steel.

I have just bought a 10 bore O/U today. Well pleased with it.

Why are you selling the 10, Roostshooter?

By the way, can't see how you're ripping anyone off - no-one is forced to buy them. I'm sure you will get a taker, anyway.

It was over 50 years since I was at school so my sums might be a bit suspect? But I get..........Bismuth is £69 per kilo to buy at claygame........if they're 2oz loads? The shot load of 150 of em weigh 300 ozs, which equals 18 lbs 12ozs.....that is 8.5kilo of shot...

8.5 kilo x £69 per kilo = £586 or £3.90 per shell just for the Bismuth!

Add Cases, powder, wad, primer........

cheers guys

im selling the 10 gauge a si have just about save dup enough o buy a tolley double 8 which I can leave to my boy in 30 in years time when im 60 odd as an investment

I got a nice Tolley double 8, when you get the dosh!? Lol!......Costs about £7 a shot with ITM though!!

Bismuth is loaded by weight, the same as any other shot type.

To me, £2 a shell is fair. I personally wouldn't pay that, preferring to use steel.

I have just bought a 10 bore O/U today. Well pleased with it.

Why are you selling the 10, Roostshooter?

By the way, can't see how you're ripping anyone off - no-one is forced to buy them. I'm sure you will get a taker, anyway.

Did you manage to get a full choked one?

I'm pondering getting rid of my 10

Yes mat. Got a lovely Fausti, unmolested and a sst.

Picked it up at a bargain price (I think so) of £500. Came with 20 lead Winchesters and a gun slip. I can't believe that nobody else bought it. It was advertised in the latest Sporting Gun. Several people had enquired.

Yes mat. Got a lovely Fausti, unmolested and a sst.

Picked it up at a bargain price (I think so) of £500. Came with 20 lead Winchesters and a gun slip. I can't believe that nobody else bought it. It was advertised in the latest Sporting Gun. Several people had enquired.

Sounds like a good buy, at that price i'd have been tempted had i seen it!

I think my matador will be going before the season begins, i just can't shoot it well and i'm just not comfortable putting big steel through the full choke!