Bit Of A Rant

Shame you are so far away, we could of had fun.

It definitely is you have enough 20g stuff to make this test huge if we ever got together, I won't get to the smaller Calibers for a very long time a I have mountains of 12g stuff to get through before even having the funds to buy smaller gauge guns never mind cartridges

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3littlepigs75%25.jpg

True enough. The idea is probably best described as 'pie in the sky'.

In fact, there's no probability about it, more like definitely. Even if it was considered a good idea, it would require a degree of determination on our part. With our renowned collective predilection for apathy. it would never have made it out of the hangar let alone got airborne.

And your point is? Even the UK owned manufactures are buying most if not all of their components from outside the UK.

as far as i know the only thing thats made for shotgun cartridges in the uk and on the market is a few fibre wads made by a firm in glocster shire as i helped them proof test them and try them to the best everything is imported and linked to the euro which is **** at the moment on the exchange rate so the swag is dear to buy and import

as far as i know the only thing thats made for shotgun cartridges in the uk and on the market is a few fibre wads made by a firm in glocster shire as i helped them proof test them and try them to the best everything is imported and linked to the euro which is **** at the moment on the exchange rate so the swag is dear to buy and import

Not so, if you go to the gamebore website you can see a video of them making their own shot and plastic wads.

Gamebore has the best website of all the uk cartridge manufacutures, eley and hull not bad, express ( ha ha and Proper cartridges) c**p.

Given the years express have been going their site has no excuse they are living in the past when their cartridge won Olympic gold medal even the home page has a banner 2014 WINNERS and ROLL OF HONNOR lists 2013 so nice and up todate.

Edited by rbrowning2

Wymberley,

I doubt you are ranting , just saying it how it is .

I contacted three major British cartridge manufacturers asking for a price for 60,000 cartridges .

Not one of them has replied to my emails .

If anyone wants service please contact Mr . Marcus Iddon at Lyalvale Express Cartridges with your enquiry , mention that Lord Harris recommended you to call.

P.S. They currently have an amazing Pigeon cartridge available and it is cheaper than its competitors.

Wymberley,

I doubt you are ranting , just saying it how it is .

I contacted three major British cartridge manufacturers asking for a price for 60,000 cartridges .

Not one of them has replied to my emails .

If anyone wants service please contact Mr . Marcus Iddon at Lyalvale Express Cartridges with your enquiry , mention that Lord Harris recommended you to call.

P.S. They currently have an amazing Pigeon cartridge available and it is cheaper than its competitors.

Funny you should say that - penultimate line of Post #1

Is that the 29g of No 5s - 2.8mm - yep, I asked?

rbrowning2,

You posted whilst I was writing.

Yes I do have to agree that Express have rested on their laurels and at times have been more expensive than others , but times do change .

If you want quality buy Express.

Salopian was never questioning the quality of their cartridges, which I know to be good and have used them over many years.

How cheap is cheap for their new pigeon cart as was about to buy some of the Fiocchi F3 in the bin ends at jc for £179/1000

Thanks.

Not so, if you go to the gamebore website you can see a video of them making their own shot and plastic wads.

Gamebore has the best website of all the uk cartridge manufacutures, eley and hull not bad, express ( ha ha and Proper cartridges) c**p.

Given the years express have been going their site has no excuse they are living in the past when their cartridge won Olympic gold medal even the home page has a banner 2014 WINNERS and ROLL OF HONNOR lists 2013 so nice and up todate.

Not quite sure I agree 100%, but, yep, fair comment. At least now their graphs for the steel clay cartridges make sense. It's just a shame that they didn't go the extra mile and put in the velocity/energy figures (see Hull) at the 10 yard marker points - not that it really matters for the clays but for the game it would be a handy reference.

One thing i have noticed about Proper Cartridges is the they are much more helpful than the others, i cant imagine asking Gamebore or the others for some wads or cases for reloading and them saying "Yep no problem, i could drop them near to you next time i am up your way" i think i would value service over flash anytime :good:

One thing i have noticed about Proper Cartridges is the they are much more helpful than the others, i cant imagine asking Gamebore or the others for some wads or cases for reloading and them saying "Yep no problem, i could drop them near to you next time i am up your way" i think i would value service over flash anytime :good:

May be that's because as manufactures they stick to what their core business is, manufacturing cartridges, leaving other retailers to supply the reloading market. But gamebore and eley did once sell shot and express did and may still sell reloading bits, but no cannot see them dropping them in to you as they supply trade not private end users.

the traditional business model of manufacture, wholesaler and retailer or for uk cartridges manufacture to retailer is beginning to fall apart due I guess mainly to online selling making it much easier for the manufacture or wholesaler to reach the end customer and enjoy bigger profit and hence less and less high street shops.

Times are changing.

May be that's because as manufactures they stick to what their core business is, manufacturing cartridges, leaving other retailers to supply the reloading market. But gamebore and eley did once sell shot and express did and may still sell reloading bits, but no cannot see them dropping them in to you as they supply trade not private end users.

the traditional business model of manufacture, wholesaler and retailer or for uk cartridges manufacture to retailer is beginning to fall apart due I guess mainly to online selling making it much easier for the manufacture or wholesaler to reach the end customer and enjoy bigger profit and hence less and less high street shops.

Times are changing.

Eley still sell shot.

Got some SG from them couple of years back.

please read the line where i say and on the market meaning to sell to end users like me my website does not need updating i am very busy as it is without looking for more 70 000 to day no time to go out we are quite allright thank you very much

ok how much is eleys shot and delivery price please or can you find out if you can buy here in the uk on a ton rate cheaper than 2.50 a kilo plus vat just buy it dont forget delivery cheers george all sizes from 1.9mm to 3.3 with 3 percent antimony

Ordered them through the then local RFD as he wad an Eley stockists.

I'd had to arrange it with the factory first (check availability, prices, etc.)

Will try to find out....

I've tried some of George's cartridges this year, high speed and 32 gram 6's seem to shoot well and no complaints.

I've just come in to a load of cheap game carts from a friend but let me know when your down the A1 George after some loading bits and pieces.

Liam

just been for the sake of 5 gallon of diesel why do you not have a ride up the factory not far from you i drive your milage in reverse every day :good::good::good: