12ga Fiocchi F3 28gm 6 shot pigeon/game cartridges £179/1000

Guest stevo

I use the F3s in a 7.5!( English 7 ) now and then for sporting on longer range targets. Very good hard hitting shells but quite harsh on recoil. I shot a slab one day. Won't do it again that's for sure.

Stevo it is amazing how experiences differ, I shoot F3 clay cart's all the time (all 3 flavours) and don't find them to be sharp on recoil at all, at least not in comparison to cart's of comparable performance from other brands.

I guess that the gun, gun fit and physiology all play a part along with loads of other stuff no doubt.

Guest stevo

Stevo it is amazing how experiences differ, I shoot F3 clay cart's all the time (all 3 flavours) and don't find them to be sharp on recoil at all, at least not in comparison to cart's of comparable performance from other brands.

I guess that the gun, gun fit and physiology all play a part along with loads of other stuff no doubt.

You know my mates and I have this same discussion every other week haha

We have come up with all sorts of rubbish but just can't seem to come up with anything that would hold water really. Maybe you put it down to lots of different things. Weight of gun. Barrel dimensions ( internal ) stock wood density. How much cast is on the gun. ( I think a straight stock has more felt recoil than one with a fare bit of cast. As the felt recoil is direct into the shoulder ? )

Then you have some days where you a bit of A big girls blouse haha and other days you as hard as nails and it just don't matter you going to have fun

Then you can start getting on to temp of shells too ect ect. The list goes on.

Just for the record when I said the F3s are a bit harsh I didn't explain properly.

I bought a slab to try as like you I have shot all of the range. Just not these

So I went and shot the slab at 175 bird ABT practice session one after noon. I felt fine until I got home and Jesus I knew I shot them haha I normally use Hull cartridge pro one

Now I just tend to keep a few in my pocket for those longer sporting targets

Edited by stevo

Any one tried these? They are cheap and listed on justcartridges bin ends.

i think they are dear compared to my 30 gram at 180 does a bin end mean to get rid of coz they are not selling i dont have that problem buy 3 k of mine and i will put 30 gram on your door next day made with good quality components 3k is nothing to share around a few people bin end term means to me they are not selling and want rid if they are any good they sell themselves not bin end george 07714 323 909

30gm at 180 is indeed a good price these days.

But the fiocchi appealed to me as at 28gm they have duel use, I can use them on the clays and the woodies and 179 is less than a standard clay cartridge and generally I like to support the shops as we need them for more than just cartridges.

Just being a little lazy and little time to reload at the moment, otherwise I would knock out my own 28ga cartridges which are the majority I shoot.

I agree with you on the felt recoil discussion Stevo, sometimes there just seems no reasonable explanation.

Going off at a bit of a tangent, when you use the Pro One do you notice any difference in how hot your barrels get?

If I shoot a quick 25 targets, say quickly running through a compak layout, with the Pro One's my barrels are damn near untouchable, but with the F3's they are just normal warm.

Guest stevo

I agree with you on the felt recoil discussion Stevo, sometimes there just seems no reasonable explanation.

Going off at a bit of a tangent, when you use the Pro One do you notice any difference in how hot your barrels get?

If I shoot a quick 25 targets, say quickly running through a compak layout, with the Pro One's my barrels are damn near untouchable, but with the F3's they are just normal warm.

To be honest I've never really taken much notice. I will have to get back to you on that one.

i think they are dear compared to my 30 gram at 180 does a bin end mean to get rid of coz they are not selling i dont have that problem buy 3 k of mine and i will put 30 gram on your door next day made with good quality components 3k is nothing to share around a few people bin end term means to me they are not selling and want rid if they are any good they sell themselves not bin end george 07714 323 909

Just Cartridges call their sale/bargain section bin ends. They usually have short run stuff like pigeon versions of regular cartridges and end of game season over stock which is probably what these are. They usually include all their big sellers that are presumably bought in bulk to get a good price.

The F3 Game are very good cartridges and for that price you can't go wrong. I've used them a fair bit and will get some more soon.

JC always deliver them next day too, however when I tried to order some Proper Cartridges it meant me meeting you in a lay-by 10 miles away and the arrangement was changed twice during the working week so I gave up and bought from JC instead.

If you're selling yours in bulk it sounds like you want rid too? Isn't that what selling is about?

I wouldn't say they seem expensive when the only difference is 2 grams of lead for the same price but you have to buy 3000 of them.

If you can find a Fiocchi dealer nearby you will probably find them a tenner a slab cheaper than JC too.

Which Fiocchi dealer do you find nearest,in Yorkshire,,,I have to go to Aaron Wheeler which is a bit of a trail from Haworth

It's the same from Harrogate but that's where I call in if I'm passing on the M62.

The only other one I know is the North of England Clay Target Centre at Rufforth near York.

They only keep basic clay loads in stock but will order others in for you at cost from Fiocchi so they are a good price but he only takes cheques for some silly reason.

He likes to make your cheque out direct to Fiocchi for you to avoid any complication but you'd think he could at least take cash, they have no card machine either.

So neither is ideal but I tend to buy 500 or 1000 at a time.

I hear far to often "harsh recoil, can't shoot many of them etc etc"

I don't understand this at all, from game shooters who can fire a slab or more of 36-42gram cartridges every day 2-5 times a week (even more in some cases)

To clay shooters who can fire 000's in a week.

If you are struggling with recoil especially with 28 gram cartridges I would be looking at the gun, fit, mount and positioning. Correcting most of these will also improve your shooting!

It's the same from Harrogate but that's where I call in if I'm passing on the M62.

The only other one I know is the North of England Clay Target Centre at Rufforth near York.

They only keep basic clay loads in stock but will order others in for you at cost from Fiocchi so they are a good price but he only takes cheques for some silly reason.

He likes to make your cheque out direct to Fiocchi for you to avoid any complication but you'd think he could at least take cash, they have no card machine either.

So neither is ideal but I tend to buy 500 or 1000 at a time.

Thanks for that,,I;m shooting over near Rufforth on Friday so I,ll call in to the Target Centre and see what his prices are like.

Thanks for that,,I;m shooting over near Rufforth on Friday so I,ll call in to the Target Centre and see what his prices are like.

Be prepared, he's known far and wide for being the most miserable ****** you've ever met lol but persevere past his "this is all too much trouble" expression and he'll sort you out in the end ha ha