Lightweight O/U 12g needed

Where are you in East Sussex Seadog?

Mill Farm, just north of Eastbourne, do gun hire for £2.50 and have a variety of calibers. Might be worth a look see before shelling out.

Also, if you are set on a 12g for her in doors, a lighter (game?) gun will transmit more felt recoil so possibly worth getting a box or two of 21g or 24g carts.

Thanks for the information gents, a few models to check on there, funnily enough I looked at a falconet earlier however it had two triggers on a O/U so I discounted the model, but now realise you get a single as well.

Will update in due course.

Mike

Horses for courses, but with an appropriate load, that's one reason why I'd have bought it and used it as a hide gun when the good lady wasn't using it.

I had a Falconet for a while, watch for splits or cracks in the woodwork, especially the forend. I would really not use more than 21 grams either, they can kick like a donkey !

You may be better with the Yildiz really.

Edited by Westley

I did a LOT of reseach in that, and the best OU I found for a lady <£1k is a AYA Coral. It's a game gun. Lovely little gun that ought to be easily twice the money, but I bough ours for £950 in perfect condition. It's based on a Merkel design. There are quite a few models, but the 'best' is POW, single trigger etc.

We spent £200 to have a raisable comb installed, and Mrs used it for quite a while before we bough her the Guerini Syren -- however, the Syren, as good as it is, is quite a bit more expensive! She still takes it out now and then, because it's still lighter than the Syren.

She shoots it with CompX 21g fiber, and it works very well. The Syren is *massively* better for handling recoil (she shoots 34g 4's with that!), but for 21g's, the Coral is awesome.

Edited by buze

Any modern gas operated semi auto is going to be the lightest gun to use as only one barrel hanging out the front test of the weight is back between the hands, also be the lightest recoiling and the stocks can be altered via the shims.

Any modern gas operated semi auto is going to be the lightest gun to use as only one barrel hanging out the front test of the weight is back between the hands, also be the lightest recoiling and the stocks can be altered via the shims.

+1 for Figgy's advice. I have been looking at guns for the Mrs and currently an Armsan or Winchester are top of the list plus they have red receivers which she likes! Give one a try before you right an auto off.