Mayweather vs McGregor?

Danger-Mouse

Odds have reduced well and maybe will even improve before kick off so stuck on a couple of slices today.

Bookies ones are Mayweather to win,1/4,and Mayweather to win via KO/TKO/DQ 8/11.

Also have a couple with the fellas at work of £80 and £10.One is absolutely sure McG wins because he is "full of beans min".

Roll on Sunday and hopefully the best man wins.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odds have reduced well and maybe will even improve before kick off so stuck on a couple of slices today.

Bookies ones are Mayweather to win,1/4,and Mayweather to win via KO/TKO/DQ 8/11.

Also have a couple with the fellas at work of £80 and £10.One is absolutely sure McG wins because he is "full of beans min".

Roll on Sunday and hopefully the best man wins.

Still not sure who I've got for this Dave.. on paper is should be mayweather but with Conner coming out waving his arms about and being so unorthodox I'm so unsure.. could Conner catch him in round one and bang him clean out, will Conner gas out in round 4/5 and mayweather smash him up till it gets stopped... I'm hoping for Connor to do him early on but I doubt it will happen... let's hope for a good scrap tho.. if I was on the spot I'd say mayweather round 6 stopping Conner by knockout or his corner throw in the towel..

Still not sure who I've got for this Dave.. on paper is should be mayweather but with Conner coming out waving his arms about and being so unorthodox I'm so unsure.. could Conner catch him in round one and bang him clean out, will Conner gas out in round 4/5 and mayweather smash him up till it gets stopped... I'm hoping for Connor to do him early on but I doubt it will happen... let's hope for a good scrap tho.. if I was on the spot I'd say mayweather round 6 stopping Conner by knockout or his corner throw in the towel..

Mayweather agreeing to the 8oz gloves shows his intentions imo,as well as helping sell more butts on seats.

Sounds like you are 50/50 which im surprised at but you never know.

If McG doesnt get to him in the first 2 im thinking it will be a long hard road for him and think and hope he gets stopped.Pretty sure he hasnt the gas to go 12 and if Mayweather starts teeing off on him it only lasts so long.Again,imo.

Yep...The only way imo that Mcg has a chance in the early rounds is if he's in May's face 24/7 & doesn't give him a chance to move about.

After that I think McG guna get a boxing lesson.

That's the only way McG can win, but he's still only young so will he have more in the tank than mayweather?? Will his style catch out mayweather? Mayweather is only used to fighting boxers so will a MMA fighters style make him him struggle? This is the exiting part of it.. I want it to last but then again I want to see a massive knock out..

Still can't figure ths out at all. Its all to easy sayng that its all about the 'Chng Ching' which in all reality it can only be. But sure isnt must big fghts and sporting events about the money these days ?

I just dont buy that all the **** talking in the build up ect was real and initially thought the whole thng is Scripted. However this is what I cant get my head around. If the fight is scripted' then how does it pan out ? Can anyone see Mayweather throwng the fight ? At the same time can anyone see McGregor throwing the fight ? I said in my first post on ths thread that it wouldnt bother Mac if he got humilated as long as he got the dollar. But I meant that in the sense that if Mayweather beat him in a non scripted fight. These guys surely didnt put in a tough gruelling training camp to try and fool the millions of peoplem viewing this.Surely they are not gonna dance around each other for twelve rounds throwing punches with no intent ? And none would ever live it down nor would they get away with either man taking a dive.I suppose this is where the interest really lays for me' to see actually what does take place and how they go about it.

If it s a real fight then Conor will no doubt go out and try and finish quickly. But I think this is where he will go wrong, Why chase a man that loves getting chased ? Mcgregor himself is at his best as a counter puncher so for me he should let the Wife beater come to him. In the worst case scenaro it will be a Mexican standoff and the crowd will start booing and someone will have to make a move.

If they go toe to toe then who knows. Mayweather is the Master boxer with a great defence and fast hands' McGregor has power and excellant timing. Can MW take a clean shot from a known big puncher if lands flush ? Of course he faced big punchers before but not many landed that shot. So many questions.

Its also easy saying McGregor runs out of steam. But this isnt MMA and 5min rds where a fighter expels more energy from grapplng,leg kicks ect. I cant see it beng a war for 12rds either and most likely they will be a lot of feinting boxing at distance ect which wont use up the fuel as much.

I will opt out of making a predcition for this one because havng giving it a lot of thought there are so many possble outcomes. If pushed I have to stick with Mayweather as he is in his element but would love to see Conor connect and put hm to sleep.

The whole media circus surrounding this fight is starting to drain the life out me. I dont care who wins tbh. More looking forward to cleverly fighting on the undercard.

Same here,just want it all over and done with and get back to normal.No doubt about it,this fight has reeled in an unbelievable amount of casuals and MMA fans and if the PPV numbers are as expected the cash involved will be massive for a supposed farce of a fight.

Pretty sure Clev is getting beat even though Jack is moving up.Jack struggled to make weight down below so LHW could suit him but you never know when someone changes.

For me Mayweather should win......But its Conor I want to see win, second or third round knock out ! Conor is strong enough and accurate enough to land the punch if Mayweather gives the opportunity. But I don`t think Conor could go long distance as that`s where Mayweather will win.

I got sent a wind up yesterday saying Conor McGregor had been done for drugs fight is off, clicked on the pic, let's just say the lower half if the pic wasn't him, very funny.

As for the fight being staged, can't see it going that way they both like there own egos too much to take a dive, thinking its going to look like rocky balboa vs Apollo creed let's hope so

McGregor wont land a glove on him. Sooner this farce is over the better.

GGG v Canelo hardly gets a mention and it is a proper fight between two elite boxers. thats the one im looking forward too.

+1 well said, Conor mayweather is a joke, the fact anyone things Conor has more than a punches chance (which is also highly unlikely) is also a joke and shows how little people understand boxing or just how much skill is involved in boxing

McGregor wont land a glove on him. Sooner this farce is over the better.

I'll happily give you that Conor is the underdog but to suggest he won't land a punch is a bit ridiculous.

I watched an interview with HoF referee Joe Cortez, who has been working with Conor's camp. Joe admitted to being impressed with Conor and said that in some ways Conor's boxing style reminded him of Prince Naseem Hamed.

A farce? Maybe. I guess we'll see on Saturday night. But farce or not it's generated more media interest in a boxing match than any other in recent memory.

I'll happily give you that Conor is the underdog but to suggest he won't land a punch is a bit ridiculous.

I watched an interview with HoF referee Joe Cortez, who has been working with Conor's camp. Joe admitted to being impressed with Conor and said that in some ways Conor's boxing style reminded him of Prince Naseem Hamed.

A farce? Maybe. I guess we'll see on Saturday night. But farce or not it's generated more media interest in a boxing match than any other in recent memory.

Perhaps, but how much of it is good publicity? I'm not sure it's done any genuine good for the sport. All it's done is highlight the shameful and embarrassing trash talk and brainless insults - plus a few that went way beyond the mark. So far as I'm concerned, it's showcased all the awful stuff in boxing - and as yet, none of the good stuff.

Edited by chrisjpainter

Aye,but looking that bad surely works in his favour as Mayweather will never had to deal with anyone like that?

Yes is is hard to look that bad Mayweather is used to fighting professional boxers not armatures. You never know someone is going to end up with egg on their face, maybe me. :)

Yes is is hard to look that bad Mayweather is used to fighting professional boxers not armatures. You never know someone is going to end up with egg on their face, maybe me. :)

Pauli was also used to fighting pro boxers but he still had his head snapped back by Conor's left hand.

Honestly though I doubt either Floyd, Pauli or even Connor has much experience fighting the rotating coil or coils of a dynamo or electric motor or an open framework on which a sculpture is moulded with clay or similar material. :whistling:

Same here,just want it all over and done with and get back to normal.No doubt about it,this fight has reeled in an unbelievable amount of casuals and MMA fans and if the PPV numbers are as expected the cash involved will be massive for a supposed farce of a fight.

Pretty sure Clev is getting beat even though Jack is moving up.Jack struggled to make weight down below so LHW could suit him but you never know when someone changes.

So which one are you ? Giving the fact you havent included Boxing fans in the 'Reeling in ' catagory. The Fact that your post count on ths thread is pretty high and also that you have bets on in the bookies and also with your work mates suggests that it s not just "Casual's" and MMA fans that have gotten "Reeled In".

Comes across as the Typcal Boxng Snobbery that is taking place when it comes to this fight yet most of "The Boxing Fans" seem obsessed wth this fight. And seriously like 'The amount of MMA Fans that it has reeled in.. Well thats hardly surprisng now is it ? I do get what you mean though, but cant for the life of me see why you excluded Boxing Fans.

Im not that excited about ths fight and wished Conor would have stuck to the UFC but who can blame him for the pay day he is about to get regardless of what happens.It never really bothered me who won ths fght up until recently but the closer it gets and the more I read online I really hope McGregor blows this Diva away ! Unlikely but I am 100% behind McGregor and really hope he can do something incredible.

Ref- Canelo v Golovkin .Im pretty sure this fight is high on the agenda for most Boxing fans and giving the fact the tickets are already all sold out' its far from being overshadowed or forgotten about.

Im sure there will be a thread up here come the time which I look forward too. Im sure it wll be as onesided as this fight tommorrow night giving all the Canelo bashing that Ive read on here before.

If McGregor wins and Alvarez wins now there is a Fight right there :whistling: