feeding pigeons

ferretman_2009

As I understand it, "intent" is the key issue. In your example the stated intent is to deliberately "enhance the chance of shooting more" which would be illegal. If a farmer leaves a load of beans on a field, for reasons of his own, and you end up shooting a lot of pigeons in that location it may be a different matter.

Part of a osr field was cut/mowed last year near me and had pigeon shooters in it almost every day for weeks.

that's been there wasn't put there to attract birds on purpose

Part of a osr field was cut/mowed last year near me and had pigeon shooters in it almost every day for weeks.

that's been there wasn't put there to attract birds on purpose

Here's a potential grey area question for members. I plant ten maize strips as game cover. I could thrash them all off at once but instead I do each one separately and shoot pigeons off them. This isn't hypothetical as it actually happens so what's the call on this scenario?

Here's a potential grey area question for members. I plant ten maize strips as game cover. I could thrash them all off at once but instead I do each one separately and shoot pigeons off them. This isn't hypothetical as it actually happens so what's the call on this scenario?

It's your crop, you can harvest it however and whenever you want. That you choose to do it in a way that maximises your shooting opportunities wouldn't seem to make any difference. Baiting an area means bringing along a preharvested grain and deliberately laying it out as an attractant.

That's how I see it anyway.