would a 28 gram or 30 gram in 2.5mm or 6.5 be good

as per the title people can any body give me a very fair example of prices in the present climate of rising prices what the above 1000 rate would be classed as a good fair price for both a 28 gram and 30 gram in 6.5 the cart would be double based powder by p.b clermont then a cheddite case with cx 2000 primer on 8mm head or 12 mm head cheddite wad or gualandi then a proper 28 dose of loccatelli tower dropped shot beautiful shot if i say so myself nice good and round i have powder from vectam but it is more of a dose and more expensive by the kilo in either as or d20se to buy so hence it would be a dearer cart to put to gether so wot you think on price inc vat cheers george 07714 323 909

as per the title people can any body give me a very fair example of prices in the present climate of rising prices what the above 1000 rate would be classed as a good fair price for both a 28 gram and 30 gram in 6.5 the cart would be double based powder by p.b clermont then a cheddite case with cx 2000 primer on 8mm head or 12 mm head cheddite wad or gualandi then a proper 28 dose of loccatelli tower dropped shot beautiful shot if i say so myself nice good and round i have powder from vectam but it is more of a dose and more expensive by the kilo in either as or d20se to buy so hence it would be a dearer cart to put to gether so wot you think on price inc vat cheers george 07714 323 909

I just paid £140 for 1k Clever Mirage plastic 28g UK 7's.

£198 for 1k Joker 32g UK 5.5's.

If you could produce a felt 28g UK 7 then I think it would sell for clays and Pigeons.

Express Pigeon Power 29g 12B Cartridge Plastic 6 70mm £212 a thou

Eley Pigeon Select 30g 12B Cartridge Plastic 6 £212 a thou

hb pigeon were 30gram 6.5's and seem to have been discontinued at my local.

beat those prices above and you might be onto a winner.

for me personally I prefer 30gram 6s. over the 6.5s

ok working back

George

I think that is a very good question.
My own view is that a 30g no7 cartridge at around £180 per thousand would be a good seller.

Hitman

ok working back from 180 is less 30 for the vodka and tonic vat so now i have 150 to make say the 30 gramma so lead before vat is 33 333 loads and the lead is say 2400 per ton so we divide and find the lead is 72 per 1000 then say cases at say 40 now we are112 on cases and lead now we go say 10 on wads now 122 then powder say22 so now 144 now boxes ink sellotape bit electric at say 5 now 149 so we have 1 pound left now i am sick of eating grass lateley and fancy a bit of steak so i only have 1 pound to live on so wot you think :no::no::no::no::no::no::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

Express Pigeon Power 29g 12B Cartridge Plastic 6 70mm £212 a thou

Eley Pigeon Select 30g 12B Cartridge Plastic 6 £212 a thou

hb pigeon were 30gram 6.5's and seem to have been discontinued at my local.

beat those prices above and you might be onto a winner.

for me personally I prefer 30gram 6s. over the 6.5s

sparky can u please refine on the hb pigeon price case lengh and brass hight and was plastic or fibre thanks g

sparky can u please refine on the hb pigeon price case lengh and brass hight and was plastic or fibre thanks g

case lengh for autos unless 70mm that will knock out the auto lads on pigeons as they definatley want 70mm

on the mirage go and buy the lot rather sharpish at 140 i think he has made a big mistake

so made in italy transport say 4 pound a thousand importer to have his bit then carriage to shops then shops to you must be very old stock vat out of 140 is 23.33 price now 116.67 and clever is having a bit importer a bit and shopkeeper to you a bit also 2 loads of transport italy to here to importer then importer to shops something not wright on this one :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

ok working back

ok working back from 180 is less 30 for the vodka and tonic vat so now i have 150 to make say the 30 gramma so lead before vat is 33 333 loads and the lead is say 2400 per ton so we divide and find the lead is 72 per 1000 then say cases at say 40 now we are112 on cases and lead now we go say 10 on wads now 122 then powder say22 so now 144 now boxes ink sellotape bit electric at say 5 now 149 so we have 1 pound left now i am sick of eating grass lateley and fancy a bit of steak so i only have 1 pound to live on so wot you think :no::no::no::no::no::no::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm:

you can buy 28gram, fibre wad , English 7's, for £190 a thousand of the peg,

no driving 45 minutes to Consett to collect, then there is no one there, twice,

oh, I'll be there in about half hour

An unhappy situation.

ok working back

I have worked in a few different industry's during my working career and I never known any be so keen to tell all their customers and competitors what their costs and hence profit are.

But taking a typical 30gm load and 1.4gm of powder you are paying around £15 per kg for powder so why is it so expensive in the shops? Bulk buying must keep the costs down for you so If I were you I would stop making cartridges and sell a lot more of the components you would put the rest of the suppliers out of business.

I'll give you £30 per kg for powder which is a better profit than you get putting it in cartridges and should allow you to eat steak every day. What powders have you got to sell?

6.5 is my favourite shot size in 28ga.

Try it the other way, including markups and vat, I work it out as

Min Price £215 for 32g, £209 for 30g and £202 for 28g

For the sake of a few quid, I would go with 32g 6.5 as it will pattern and kill pigeons cleanly to 45 yards if the shooter puts it on target.

If you can do a low pressure, low recoil, moderate speed cartridge for pigeon at above rates, should be on for a winner and shouldn't interfere too much with HiSPEED/STONEDEAD markets?

I have worked in a few different industry's during my working career and I never known any be so keen to tell all their customers and competitors what their costs and hence profit are.

But taking a typical 30gm load and 1.4gm of powder you are paying around £15 per kg for powder so why is it so expensive in the shops? Bulk buying must keep the costs down for you so If I were you I would stop making cartridges and sell a lot more of the components you would put the rest of the suppliers out of business.

I'll give you £30 per kg for powder which is a better profit than you get putting it in cartridges and should allow you to eat steak every day. What powders have you got to sell?

6.5 is my favourite shot size in 28ga.

another genious at work i see so good at mathes where is the vat element when i was selling powder i got told not to sell it because of approved containers and only for bulk use so i have no powders to sell to you go and buy powders in approved containers and pay the higher price if you have any objections to the high retail price contact the makers of the said powders and ask them why so high just do it dont sit on here winging or you get yourself storeage and bring it in and sell it wots wrong with telling people wot stuffs cost if they dont want to give me profit then go and pay the high price off others easy isnt it

An unhappy situation.

because was at doctors and was told that

Those 29g ultimate Game were a great cartridge there would be no need to change them, I shot allot of pigeons with them!

without me looking it up how much were they then maybe i can buy them back :lol::lol::lol:

I do have to wonder why you want to sell components dearer than the finished cartridge. Just seems mad. You must like making shells more than profit. Also why you haven't cornered the sub gauge market by making 20 gauge for the same price relatively as 12 gauge???

Edited by sitsinhedges

I do have to wonder why you want to sell components dearer than the finished cartridge. Just seems mad. You must like making shells more than profit. Also why you haven't cornered the sub gauge market by making 20 gauge for the same price relatively as 12 gauge???

because i think reloaders want to reload full stop they are not penny pinchers they like to reload to say when they shoot a pigeon they say i done that in answer to small gauge its the machine at 2400 per hour thats the killer then printed by hand then waiting for drying and to box by hand now on 12 gauge its 12000 per hour made printed and boxed so on 12 gauge just make £10 per 1000 but do 10k per hour so thats 100 pounds per hour and put in a good shift and do 10 hours so now u r on 1k per working day so thats why i call them model t fords just keep churning them out abd feeding the machine now how long do you work for 1k

was at store yesterday looking at 1 ton of lovely ao powder and about 1 ton of a1 pity i cannot sell to end users phone express see what they want to charge you

? Grapevine with fellow friend reloader up north says you do sell powder and it was priced on your website for £30 per kg before you recently changed your site now you list powder but no price. All very hush hush nudge nudge wink wink.

Ao was my go to powder for 28ga but as you say express got greedy and FEs stopped selling it so now using PSB2.

Still express are the loser as used to buy their cartridges but not anymore would buy any make but theirs.

In days gone by eley were a prolific supplied to the shops of reloading components and it was an accepted part of shooting these days it looks to be less accepted practice for shotgun cartridges which is regrettable.

Let's cut to the chase, you are the maker/supplier and are asking on here what we the user would like to see your product selling for ?

The price of my Pigeon cart has gone up by £40 per 1000 since December 2016 so I now look at every price I can within my region but the supply/sale's are small ie all the usual big makers, there are not that many dealers in driving distance who actually advertise what they have for sale on the net.

You yourself are also miles from most of us and although the price's are very competitive we have no chance of ever getting hold of them unless you started to supply dealers within reach of the user, and then there would be a mark up from the dealer.

I do wish you well in your enterprise but do not think that you can both ask how much your product should be and supply the majority of user's.

Try it the other way, including markups and vat, I work it out as

Min Price £215 for 32g, £209 for 30g and £202 for 28g

For the sake of a few quid, I would go with 32g 6.5 as it will pattern and kill pigeons cleanly to 45 yards if the shooter puts it on target.

If you can do a low pressure, low recoil, moderate speed cartridge for pigeon at above rates, should be on for a winner and shouldn't interfere too much with HiSPEED/STONEDEAD markets?

Can't believe that there's no one else who's patterned the above combination in 70mm and fibre through a back-bored barrel.

Guest cookoff013

I doubt making a £160/k shell is even worth getting out of bed for.

Maybe that's why George has tried to corner the game shell market.

It's certainly cheaper to import shells. Maybe we should be importing shells from China, Nigeria etc?

After all if they are cheap they must be really good!