would a 28 gram or 30 gram in 2.5mm or 6.5 be good

? Grapevine with fellow friend reloader up north says you do sell powder and it was priced on your website for £30 per kg before you recently changed your site now you list powder but no price. All very hush hush nudge nudge wink wink.

Ao was my go to powder for 28ga but as you say express got greedy and FEs stopped selling it so now using PSB2.

Still express are the loser as used to buy their cartridges but not anymore would buy any make but theirs.

In days gone by eley were a prolific supplied to the shops of reloading components and it was an accepted part of shooting these days it looks to be less accepted practice for shotgun cartridges which is regrettable.

yes you are right i was selling at 30 per kilo but got stopped because of unathorized bottles some body on here photographed the containers and put them on here the powder was 12 a kilo to me then haulage then profit of 9 a kilo then vat but as usual people got upset as mine was cheaper and sent the photo to the firm who asked me to stop selling in unotherized containers so one man put the block on cheap powder any way if you are loading only 28 gauge shotgun what i think you will struggle to find new at less than 240 per 1000 there is plenty of room and profit or money saving to buy powder or is it that magic word of been greedy to even yourself so look into yourself and see if you can buy what you really want pay the few bob more and still be cheaper than the shops or is greed your middle name

Well as usual, George's threads generate some interesting comments, he is only trying to gain a little insight in to what the majority of shooters want and then to supply them.

As for powder, he's answerd to that one, perhaps if you offered to turn up at the factory with the proscribed correct type of container, George might decant some for you.

I like the shells, I have used them to good effect for a while now, I like their consistency and the fair price.

Keep up the good work George.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

Well as usual, George's threads generate some interesting comments, he is only trying to gain a little insight in to what the majority of shooters want and then to supply them.

As for powder, he's answerd to that one, perhaps if you offered to turn up at the factory with the proscribed correct type of container, George might decant some for you.

I like the shells, I have used them to good effect for a while now, I like their consistency and the fair price.

Keep up the good work George.

sorry cannot decant the powder job to end users has ended cheers george

• 2 weeks later...

Fiocchi PL28 28g 7 (UK 6.5) are about £200 per 1000, more at Just Cartridges.

I pay £58 a slab for the PL32 32g 5 or 6 in Yorkshire. They are my go to pigeon and crow cartridge.

That's after all the recent price rises, they are great cartridges and a bargain compared to most 29/30g pigeon loads.

George needs to run the factory as a business not a toy ,he spends too much time pigeon shooting and not enough time working he has very little core products ,i.e. No standard clay cartridge ,if the machine can produce 12000 per hour and you can get £10 per 1000 that's

£1920 pound in a 16 hour day x that by 5 days £9600 per week .employ 2 staff (total cost £1000 including national insurance and holiday pay ) the job is sorted .Now change that to £20 a 1000 and it's £869600 per year .george employ a good sales man £50000 per year you still have £819600 to play with

I don't think pigeon watch is the place to find a business advisor

Bargains are still out there just had 6000 RC2 @ under £160 per 1000

Guest cookoff013

George needs to run the factory as a business not a toy ,he spends too much time pigeon shooting and not enough time working he has very little core products ,i.e. No standard clay cartridge ,if the machine can produce 12000 per hour and you can get £10 per 1000 that's

£1920 pound in a 16 hour day x that by 5 days £9600 per week .employ 2 staff (total cost £1000 including national insurance and holiday pay ) the job is sorted .Now change that to £20 a 1000 and it's £869600 per year .george employ a good sales man £50000 per year you still have £819600 to play with

I don't think pigeon watch is the place to find a business advisor

Bargains are still out there just had 6000 RC2 @ under £160 per 1000

now you are talking, i`ve a ton of experience with those RC2 shells 24g #9. those are the shells i try and emulate. they are brilliant.

Bargains are everywhere: I got Clever Mirage 1oz plastic 2.4mm for £120.

Joker 32g 5.5 under £190/1000

Steel 32g 4 for £35/ slab etc

are the mirage in abundance at 120 go and buy all you can afford with vat theres about 80 pounds worth of lead in them so full carts from a shop at 100 plus vat including shops profit well i dont know what to say

Fiocchi PL28 28g 7 (UK 6.5) are about £200 per 1000, more at Just Cartridges.

I pay £58 a slab for the PL32 32g 5 or 6 in Yorkshire. They are my go to pigeon and crow cartridge.

That's after all the recent price rises, they are great cartridges and a bargain compared to most 29/30g pigeon loads.

Can i ask where in Yorkshire you buy Fiocchii from please. I agree they are great but struggle to get them in East yorks now.

are the mirage in abundance at 120 go and buy all you can afford with vat theres about 80 pounds worth of lead in them so full carts from a shop at 100 plus vat including shops profit well i dont know what to say

This is why they are cheap; because are old stock and from makers they don't stock anymore. I just buy the cheap ones when I see them.

Can i ask where in Yorkshire you buy Fiocchii from please. I agree they are great but struggle to get them in East yorks now.

The only two I know are Aaron Wheeler Gunsmiths in Brighouse, just off the M62 who always has really good prices or the North of England Clay Target Centre at Rufforth near York. They only generally keep the budget clay loads in stock but will order in whatever Fiocchi's you like. I usually go there every couple of months and order a few slabs while I'm there. Both of these are about 20 miles away so I just have to get them if I'm passing.

Also, both of these places have said Fiocchi have been struggling with demand as they haven't put their prices up as much as the others and they have always been one of the cheapest.

They only had half their orders delivered last time and I had to wait a couple of weeks for more to arrive. I thought one was telling me fibs but the other confirmed the same happened to them.

Edited by ChrisPCarter

Also, both of these places have said Fiocchi have been struggling with demand as they haven't put their prices up as much as the others and they have always been one of the cheapest.

They only had half their orders delivered last time and I had to wait a couple of weeks for more to arrive. I thought one was telling me fibs but the other confirmed the same happened to them.

Thanks for the info Chris, most helpful. I had noticed looking online that Fiocchi prices had not gone up, i wonder how long that will last.

Fiocchi Sporting Pigeon,,32g fibre were £215 for 1000 last week at Wheelers. He mentioned the possibility of slight shortages/delays but managed to get my 1000. First class shop !!

When I went a couple of weeks ago he only had a few boxes left and all the ones in the shop were what people had ordered so he had no fiocchi stuff available. He usually has them piled high. I left with a slab of 20 gauge as he didn't have my usual 12 gauge stuff in. He said they turned up late and only gave him half what he'd asked for in everything. Same at Rufforth and they were 2 or 3 weeks before they got delivered. Luckily I still had a few left at home or I'd have had to buy more expensive stuff.