Afternoon reccy

Wilksy II

I decided to give the pigeons a rest this Saturday, I needed to go get a few bits and bobs for wifeys forthcoming birthday as well,I've been the last three and the last time was a poor show, but as the day wore on I got fidgety.

I thought I'd best go for a look at least, and might aswell take a gun! Took the the old hammer gun that Wabbitbosher sold me and Jed came for walk also, got to osr field at 3:00 to see a good two hundred feeding with others joining.... begger! (Or a word similar) I thought!

So we walked them off and did a lap of this large field quite a few rabbits for Jed to chase, but as it was they were below ground.

Back it the spot the pigeons had been feeding saw the odd one pootling over so I decided to have a pop, I had four dead un's from last nights roost shoot, laid them out and tucked in the hedge.

Well the first six came and shifted for a look and one paid the price then another few on a similar line came over, bang! again another one down, and so it went for a quite busy 30mins I finished with nine including an always pleasing left and right even more so as the first for my hammer gun.

to have Jed there was the icing on the cake he's started to run out to the downed birds and he isn't fazed by them flapping but is just happy to lick them for now.

To sum up nine not overly high but fast birds have given me some great sport.

So with thirteen dead bods I'm contemplating a proper decoy session tomorrow afternoon, hopefully report to follow!

Not worth another thread as it didn't go to plan still really enjoyed it though, shot from 12:30 till 4pm for 14 pigeons had two left and rights and long shot that eventually dropped stone dead 200yrs away,big flocks on the field but in a different spot, walked them off placed flags all round and got set up, it's rained on and off all afternoon which I don't think helped, but every time I go I learn something new about the local pigeons ways and habits

Another word I'm going to have to look up! Your absolutely right about leaving them though that was my plan this weekend, defiantly leaving them next weekend lou's b-day and Mother's Day! As it happens as I collected my flags a good 50 lifted off the horse paddocks adjacent to the rape field