Car blocking a drive

kyska

My lad rang me today as a car has been parked so he can't his car out of his drive.

Being a sensible lad he took the bus to work, as he was late anyway and it was 3 in the morning.

It's still there, he's gone door knocking and no one knows who's car it is.

Police or can I go and just drag it two metres with the truck?

He says it's a new micra, not damaged, but he lives in a city centre and it happens.

He can't get his car out!

Edited by kyska

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Illegal to block a driveway.

Get police to sort it...

Illegal to block you in but not out, if a proper dropped kerb.

Also don't let them tell you it's a council matter they will do a dvla check to find keeper first if they can, as towing it is hassle for them, but it should get shifted asap

Edited by HDAV

move it yourself, its dangerous as well as selfish and inconsiderate to park it like that, 8 burly blokes could lift it.

Sounds like a good way to get accused of criminal damage.

If it is blocking your son's car in then it is a crime, get onto the Police and get it towed away. That would be the proper course of action.

Tempting to move or tow it yourself but if it gets damaged etc would you not be liable? Doesn't make the owner any less of a ***** though.

If it is blocking your son's car in then it is a crime, get onto the Police and get it towed away. That would be the proper course of action.

Tempting to move or tow it yourself but if it gets damaged etc would you not be liable? Doesn't make the owner any less of a ***** though.

At least someone sensible is on here +1

+2

Aviation shears. Gloves. Bricks to prevent it rolling away once moved.

Proof of who moved it would be impossible for those who twitch curtains and believe the police will actually care.

That's a great way to lose your certificate and get a criminal record.

I can't believe some of the comments on here, no wonder licensing is so stringent with so many silly people.

Op call the police and let them do what they're employed to do.

Edited by 12gauge82

That's a great way to lose your certificate and get a criminal record.

I can't believe some of the comments on here, no wonder licensing is so stringent with so many silly people.

Op call the police and let them do what they're employed to do.

like he said,BB

Driveway / dropped kerb blocking is a regular feature on the local FB discussion groups round these ways - I suppose it's a commuter town thing.

The police aren't interested and the normal way of things is nothing happens and then at some point the driver returns to the vehicle and it gets moved.

I use to get it where I live. I use to just phone the police as 9 out of 10 times they were in the pub two doors down. People finely got the hint with the police keep going into the pub to find them.

My god a Police Officer in the Burnham area, they are like hens teeth unless they are ******** your wife.

Driveway / dropped kerb blocking is a regular feature on the local FB discussion groups round these ways - I suppose it's a commuter town thing.

The police aren't interested and the normal way of things is nothing happens and then at some point the driver returns to the vehicle and it gets moved.

I believe in you've no car on your drive then someone blocking over it is not an offence.

If however you have a car on it and your blocked in then it is an offence.

When speaking to the Police a crime reference number should be requested and noted down. If nothing is done a complaint should be made.

Cutting someone's hand break cable is a silly thing to suggest and would lose you your ticket if found out.

The excuse of "you'll never be found it" is a bit silly if your admitting to that sort of thing on a shooting forum.

Now, whether its ok or not to connect the car up to a tow rope and drag it out of the way or not, I am unsure. I imagine that would be better than intentionally damaging someone else's property if you need it moved before the Police can respond.

I believe in you've no car on your drive then someone blocking over it is not an offence.

If however you have a car on it and your blocked in then it is an offence.

When speaking to the Police a crime reference number should be requested and noted down. If nothing is done a complaint should be made.

Cutting someone's hand break cable is a silly thing to suggest and would lose you your ticket if found out.

The excuse of "you'll never be found it" is a bit silly if your admitting to that sort of thing on a shooting forum.

Now, whether its ok or not to connect the car up to a tow rope and drag it out of the way or not, I am unsure. I imagine that would be better than intentionally damaging someone else's property if you need it moved before the Police can respond.

It's illegal to park on a dropped kerb irrespective of what's on or isn't on the drive. I've had this a few times. Check the highway code, tells you in there.