Car blocking a drive

kyska

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My post said 8 burly blokes to lift it, nothing their about criminal damage for the sanctimonious brigade on here, to get all sensitive over, just move the thing, its violating someones life.

You do come across as the type who keeps 8 burly blokes in your house for spare ;) 😂

Happen to me previously although blocking lock up garage not drive. The police advice was to break the window and move it myself. I did.

Woah woah woah there.

I can hear a deafening scrape of soap boxes being dragged out by the self righteous brigade.

I did hear a similar story from a barrister friend who got a ladder and took a sledge hammer to a holidaying neighbour's alarm bell box whilst being watched by the police and cheered on by the road.

It would have made a wonderful you tube clip

Woah woah woah there.

I can hear a deafening scrape of soap boxes being dragged out by the self righteous brigade.

I did hear a similar story from a barrister friend who got a ladder and took a sledge hammer to a holidaying neighbour's alarm bell box whilst being watched by the police and cheered on by the road.

Not being self righteous, trying to offer the OP fair advice without getting himself any bother.

It's all very dependant on the Police involved. Some officers would do as above, others would prosecute you for damage. If the Police give you the go ahead then crack on!

lol, I saw a load of blokes lifting a mini along the road, on the way back from a pub 30 years ago, they moved it and hid it for a laugh, quite a sight. :good:

😂😂😂 a bloke I work with had one of those high top camper vans. Quite a sight when the kids home children would go tip it over for a laugh. Would happen every time he was on shift 😂😂😂

You need someone with an old defender to push it out the way.

I doubt the police will be interested - if it's not speeding and doesn't involve a mobile phone then they won't be interested.

Old defender ..it would break down before it got there , leave a nasty oil slick when it did arrive and then not have the grunt to move it and then you would have two wrecks to move ..just call the old bill ....😂😂

i have a school at either end of my street , the roads and drives are blocked twice a day , for around 20/30 minutes each time , i generally ignore it and dont worry too much , however , i have on several occasions , blocked in the offending drive blockers with my cars , and left them blocked in for , 10 minutes if they politely ask me to move and promise not to block my drive again , or overnight when theyve threatened/abused me . houses nearer to the school regularly find people parked on their drives .

No defenders, diesel, burley fellas or other means of moving it except for one or two trolley jacks. Lots of people have them so maybe a neighbour(s) could oblige. Jack rear end up then push or pull the thing out of the way, assuming it's not a 3 ton something. No marks or damage including tyre scuffing. Leaving the owner thinking how the hell did that happen.

Bonus would be if there were double yellows close enough to drag it to. Never mind plod to get it moved they have enough to do. Sure the local traffic wardens would get it shifted PDQ if on double yellows.

Hang on if as said its illegal to block (obstruction) would not the wardens be interested anyhow.

I used to get it all the time when I had an apartment in Redland Bristol. I used to ring 121 and they would come and sort it out. Several were towed away.

I did completely loose it with the Landlord of a nearby place. He never did it again but not recommended. :no:

My post said 8 burly blokes to lift it, nothing their about criminal damage for the sanctimonious brigade on here, to get all sensitive over, just move the thing, its violating someones life.

It's a micra, I would.imagine two burly blokes lifting the back would turn it into a wheelbarrow and could move it

Woah woah woah there.

A can of squirty expanding foam does the job just as well

I think that I would try to fix a tow rope on it and drag it out of the way if your car/truck is in the drive a couple of trolly jacks under the back axle and drag it out of the way then let all of the tires down.

I should add I would never tell the police as they would probably just tell you not to touch it or they would charge you with something.

Edited by four-wheel-drive

I think that I would try to fix a tow rope on it and drag it out of the way if your car/truck is in the drive a couple of trolly jacks under the back axle and drag it out of the way then let all of the tires down.

I should add I would never tell the police as they would probably just tell you not to touch it or they would charge you with something.

Would you shoot the tyres out,slash them or just be boring and let the air out the valves?