Anyone been trout fishing over the weekend ?

Ferret664

Anyone wet a fly this weekend?

Fished the Afon Glaslyn yesterday for a few hours after work.

Plenty of fish rising despite the bitter cold but none were tempted by any of my dry flies.

Looking back I'm guessing they were feeding just beneath the film of the water surface.

Back on the river Wednesday, promising warmer weather.

Tight lines

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Caught 3 rainbows, lost 2 on Llyn Ogwen in Snowdonia last week.

Very chuffed as we were having to cast 90 degrees across the wind to get the line out. Glad I'd been practising my double haul and we even had the RAF doing fly by's low overhead. Cracking day.

Where were you looking for sea trout Aled?

Been going at least twice a week since march 11 to brenig had some nice days been cold though.

Now the weather is getting warmer the hospital dessided it wanted my gaul bladder out on the 26 april i am sitting in the house looking at all the sun and bright skyes wishing i had it done last septemmer.

Then i would have mist all the partrige shooting i payed for cant win.back to looking out of window and really getting pixxxxxd of.

Tight lines to you all as Terry Thomas used to say good old days really really feed up.

Not at the moment as thay took gaul bladder out by bellybutton and i had a hernia there which got done as well so sitting upright is a bit painfull at mow.

Have tried but sore as hell to stay upright for long but like missis I will get there and cant have all that pain again.so on wards and up wards.

Where did you fish? Catching trout on buzzers and nymphs is my favourite way to fish

hello, our 2 club lakes near abingdon , only 4 acres in total but has a good bunch of friendly people some i have known since the late 1950s, more tea and chat than fishing :lol: i started lake trout fishing in sussex at £1 a day :rolleyes: ps not sure where you are ferret but welcome to a guest ticket

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Yes we are oldypigeonpopper, and very lucky at the foresight, hard work, and commitment of many people back in the 60's who pooled, skills, and finances together to buy fishing rights on the river, and allow us to fish it at an affordable price. The clubs first loan's "guarantors" were the local Minister of Religion and GP.

Wales have a very good history of Angling Associations offering affordable angling for both local and visiting anglers alike.

I'm a big fan of angling associations.

Tight Lines

Aled

Fished grafham today . Tough day was very windy overcast with sunny spells .managed 2 rainbows and 2 browns with another rainbow lost and lots of takes but they were very gentle and hard to connect with . 3 fish were taken on a bloodworm and one to a daiwl bach . Also caught a perch on the bloodworm .

Had a nice few hours on the club water, near Bolton, today. Using an Irish pattern Lough fly that I have caught on there before, my first cast the fly was floating (it is a wet fly) as I was about to 'drown' it, it was taken. Fish number 1, a Rainbow around 2 1/2lbs. So I dried the fly and applied some floatant and put out again. I went on to catch a further 3 fish and had 1 take which just smashed the leader as the fish tore off. I was given 3 of these flies whilst fishing in Ireland over 15 years ago, I have copied the pattern and it has become my 'go to' fly if conditions are hard. I always have it as a top dropper on a team of 3, fished from a boat.

I do not seem able to post a picture !

Edited by Westley

Had an afternoon boat ticket at Elinor mon first time out this year . Had 3 rainbows on a green dawlbach , mate had 3 on a green buzzer.

Excellent stuff For me there is no better way to catch trout then on nymphs and buzzers Were they high in the water ? At grafham on Sunday the fish were deep all fish were taken on point except one on middle dropper