Gun firing both barrels at once

Bumble

Hi,

Anyone know what could be causing my gun (Baikal double trigger SBS) to fire both barrels at once? I was out shooting clays yesterday and it did it twice in the space of an hour, and knocked the **** out of my shoulder both times.

Cheers.

I'm sure there will be plenty of experts on here who will know the cause of this, but whatever you're told I think a visit to the gunsmith is the only remedy to give you peace of mind.

This, get it opened up and cleaned.

Edited by paulnix

either one of 2 things

1. the internal mechanics need looking at by a smith
  2. your trigger finger is interferring with the back trigger...it might mean your stock is too short ..or your back trigger needs offsetting a tad....go to a smith

A few possibilities, as have been mentioned.

Stock is too short - the gun is bouncing off your shoulder causing you to pull the second trigger - making it seem like a double discharge.

Dirt in the action - take stock off and see if there is any dirt around the sears.

Sears are worn and the recoil from the first shot is causing the sear on the second barrel to jump.

I would be removing the stock - if nothing obvious and you are sure the stock length isn't an issue - take it to a gunsmith.