Mincer

foxnet22

rabbit is very sinuie and ain't the best for mincing as above if it's for your dog just chop it up small, if it needs to be minced spend a little extra and get a decent electric one, the biggest problem is going to be keeping the blades sharp and the cheaper one's just ain't made from great quality steel

colin

Wow that looks good bit pricey tho.

I found a new raw food place at the weekend loads of choice very good price wise and cheap delivery in the north west, take a look.

You can also buy in store and get better deals than shown on line.

Raw-feeders.co.uk

There in Adlington near chorley

rabbit is very sinuie and ain't the best for mincing as above if it's for your dog just chop it up small, if it needs to be minced spend a little extra and get a decent electric one, the biggest problem is going to be keeping the blades sharp and the cheaper one's just ain't made from great quality steel

colin

I mince a lot of pigeon and pheasant for burgers and even use pigeon mince as I would use beef. There are plenty of sinews which can clog the extruder plate, if that's the correct name. Answer is have the meat semi frozen then all the stringy bits can get chopped by the blades.

Blackpowder

This. Semi frozen meat minces so much better.

I mince a lot of pigeon and pheasant for burgers and even use pigeon mince as I would use beef. There are plenty of sinews which can clog the extruder plate, if that's the correct name. Answer is have the meat semi frozen then all the stringy bits can get chopped by the blades.

Blackpowder

We never knocked anything back me and my son have put most stuff threw the hobart but after skinning out a sheep and deboning it for 8.5 kilo of meat i had second thoughts now i just go to greyhills and get all my dog food and just use it for making mince for burgers

This. Semi frozen meat minces so much better.

That is correct, but a word of caution, It exerts allot more pressure on the screw cap and motor. I have seen the thread on some very large mincers stripped nearly bear because of mincing frozen meat.

Pi

Blackpowder

Pigeon and pheasant will mince a lot easier than rabbit I have minced a bit in my time, yes semi frozen meat will go through plate a lot better but your best bet is get one like what Dougy shared link for,

Like anything you get what you pay for