gun you dreamed of owning when you were young

neillfrbs

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when I was young I wanted a Webley senior air pistol. never got one but had a junior in 177. Then in teens I wanted a Luigi Franchi falconette o/u. this was followed by a Laurona 316 SLE. I never had any of these either. but later times I had all sorts. I have got some very nice ones now but nice doesnt make me a better shot

I always drooled over the Relum Tornado in my mums Kays catalogue.

I've got a Relum Tornado that I tried to give away preferably to a youngster under supervision but had no takers.

It's still available if anyone interested, but would have to be collected.

OB

HW 97K's where doing the rounds when I was a callow youff, along with the HW45.

Now have both and can't see either going anywhere.

In my late teens I was a member of a range in Sheffield and got to shoot a Colt Python, pity that won't happen again in this country, I'd stand the cost for one of those.

UK Gun Repairs have one.

A tip though, if when carrying one you fall down a steep bank - bordering on a cliff - try to make sure that you arrive at the bottom after the gun.

Can't see it on their website 🤔 And sounds like your experience with the Bren was a painful one?

I always hankered after a HW77K or a Theoben Fenman.

Never did end up owning either, but I had a HW80K back then which I stupidly sold. Glad to say I have another now.

I had two fenmans is Hydua (sp).

They were knocked but I loved them, beautiful wood.

ASI Sniper, was on the back of the shooting times magazine back in the 70's. A local farmer used to give me his shooting times when he read through it. Much more exciting that the bra sectionnof the Kay's or Littlewoods catalogues.......but I was only ten at the time!!

UK Gun Repairs have one.

A tip though, if when carrying one you fall down a steep bank - bordering on a cliff - try to make sure that you arrive at the bottom after the gun.

Did Jump forward off a small landing craft front carrying one,misjudged the jump,,up to my armpits in freezing water in Wales,,Best of it was went back across the river and had to do it again,accompaned by some swearing,,This time I Jumped BEFORE it hit the bank,I made it that time,,as I also had to jump with the anchor as well and keep it pulled tight to the bank..??.

I Swear all the blokes behind me trod on my helmet,they fanned out,and I had to give covering fire as well..That was one hell of a weapon,it was too accurate for its own good,,loved it,aaaahhhhh.

As a kid wanted the Webley tracker as it looked so much better than the rest. Then I wanted a Sharp Inova because it pumped up. As I got older Theoben Fenman with the tiger striped oiled walnut stock, also a Rapid 7 mk1 but the charging equipment put that way out of reach. Then I fancied Wildfowling in my early twenties and loved the look of the new long barrelled SxS wildfowl guns of the time, probably the AYA and greylags etc as lead was the norm then also five shot semi autos. Sadly never got my license till much later.

I still look at some guns the same now, always something else I covet. Funnily never been a big fullbore fan shot a fair few years ago but never got the bug.

Edited by figgy

Hmmm, so many guns in the adverts that looked the business. Was always impressed by the magnum shotguns and tried to get my dad to by me a Baikal or a Mossberg. He did buy me a webley Vulcan in the end.

Always liked the Marlin Goose gun, bolt action, wouldn't buy one now though...

Can't see it on their website And sounds like your experience with the Bren was a painful one?

Couple of months ago it was on the floor in the gun display room. Think I'm right in saying that there was also one in the Gun And Sports shop in Exeter. I'll be in both places again soon so will check.

Yep, landed quite softly on several centuries of leaf mold and bracken. Just thinking that that was lucky when SMACK. Still got a 3" scar on my arm nigh on 60 years later.

When I first became a beater, the keeper had a Winchester with 30" barrels, he could hit anything with it, fast or slow, near of far, large or small, flying or ground game, he was utterly brilliant, I wanted that gun from the day I saw him shoot a hare going flat out at at least 70 yards, it tumbled over, came to a stop and was stone dead. A moment indelibly etched in my memory.

UK Gun Repairs have one.

i was out uk gun repairs today looking at a gun, i asked dennis if he had a brengun and he showed it to me smashing gun,would not like to carry it very far.a weighty gun.

Edited by mossy835

i was out uk gun repairs today looking at a gun, i asked dennis if he had a brengun and he showed it to me smashing gun,would not like to carry it very far.a weighty gun.

Is it a deac or one of the rare ones that was reamed out to .410? Always wish I had purchased one of those back in the day- totally useless but then again many of my purchases tend to be