gun you dreamed of owning when you were young

neillfrbs

was talking to a friend today about guns that you dreamed of owning when we were young .i can remember as a young child looking at my mums club books at air rifles and pistols ,and drooling over an air arms high powered jakal ,wishing i could get one, and pay it weekly with my paper round money .but was not allowed ,had to wait untill i was 16 to get my first rifle ,and got a theoben grand prix .never got the jakal .but never looked back ,and now have lots of guns to hand ,and 3 boys that dont seem that interested in it at all .

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine was the webley Vulcan, I wrote to an airgun magazine asking them what was the cheapest gun I could hunt rabbits with.

My letter was published and their advice was buy the Vulcan.

I used an old bsa meteor up until then , open sights and was more about luck then anything else if I came home with a rabbit for my ferrets.

It was years later before I got to shoot a Vulcan and trufully wasn't impressed 😀.

I still have the urge to own a airarms pro elite ...

Hens teeth

A hw80 tuned and fitted in a nice walnut stock would also be nice

Managed to own most of them...

M1 Carbine, Walther P38, Colt M1911A1, Webley VI, Colt AR15, S&W Victory model, Winchester 94, Winchester 70 pre-war, Colt Python 6", Browning A5, Remington 870, etc.

Never got around to getting an M1 Garand but most of my mates owned them so had ready access at the range to them. Never had a Sten for the same reason.

Some were never within budget (G43, M1941 Johnson, etc.)

Some that I wanted I went to try/buy but was unimpressed so left alone (P08 Luger)

Current UK laws are **** compared to what they WERE & what the rest of the EU (& even other parts of the UK) are subject to!

My young years I coveted a theoben eliminator, I still do.

I can't remember the name of the learned writer who used to write for airgun world or similar, bearded chap, died of a brain cancer.

I read over and over his articles.

My young years I coveted a theoben eliminator, I still do.

I can't remember the name of the learned writer who used to write for airgun world or similar, bearded chap, died of a brain cancer.

I read over and over his articles.

john darling the hunter??? great loss to shooting world looked forward to every article as a kid

Managed to own most of them...

M1 Carbine, Walther P38, Colt M1911A1, Webley VI, Colt AR15, S&W Victory model, Winchester 94, Winchester 70 pre-war, Colt Python 6", Browning A5, Remington 870, etc.

Never got around to getting an M1 Garand but most of my mates owned them so had ready access at the range to them. Never had a Sten for the same reason.

Some were never within budget (G43, M1941 Johnson, etc.)

Some that I wanted I went to try/buy but was unimpressed so left alone (P08 Luger)

Current UK laws are **** compared to what they WERE & what the rest of the EU (& even other parts of the UK) are subject to!

My word there's some beauties in that list. How times have changed. I sometimes feel let down by UK gun law. Oh to have a 1911 or a colt single action army that wasn't deactivated or an air pistol. I can but dream.

I did get myself a Lee Enfield No.4 though.

I dreamed of owning the mini gun from predator and a SMLE MKIII* but I ended up with an ij38 baikal.177+a diana gat gun then a 9mm garden gun.I was more than happy with those mighty weapons of mass destruction till i stepped up to a 12 bore and some 410s .I still have that baikal and 9mm and will pass them on to my eldest daughter.

As a kid i always wanted a webley tempest,still do and the air sporter was a dream,got two now.

Can remember the only time i ever saw guns as a toddler was when we went to visit my uncle and these shotguns on the wall,he long since retired and i now own those guns :yes:

I always wanted an airsporter, then bought a mint condition late 80's model. It was awful to shoot and I couldn't get on with it so sold it and bought a webley tracker...

Say no more about that 😟🤢

I always wanted an airsporter, then bought a mint condition late 80's model. It was awful to shoot and I couldn't get on with it so sold it and bought a webley tracker...

All of those articles and full page colour spreads in airgun world about webley trackers taking half a dozen prime 3/4 grown rabbits free standing did its job then!

Mine was a Webley Scott 410 bolt action. I remember seeing a black & white picture of the old man mounting one when he was a kid. He was probably about eight years old at the time.

Finally got hold of one identical a few years ago and haven't put it down since. Without a shadow of a doubt it has put more game in the in the larder than any other gun in the cabinet.

It's a keeper as they say.

All of those articles and full page colour spreads in airgun world about webley trackers taking half a dozen prime 3/4 grown rabbits free standing did its job then!

It was twangy and underpowered, looked brilliant and saw one recently and they still look like they could be a great hunting gun.

They fetch silly money as well