neillfrbs

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AR15

Colt 1911

MP5K

Pretty much stuffed on getting them in the uk unless I get section 1 and get 22 rimfire lol

I owned a 1911 A1 back in the days when we could. It was lightly customised by Ferrand Custom Guns and amongst other things had a Series 80 barrel, and was blued steel with Pachmeyers. Handguns were just about the best fun you could have with your pants on, in my opinion. 👍

Is it a deac or one of the rare ones that was reamed out to .410? Always wish I had purchased one of those back in the day- totally useless but then again many of my purchases tend to be

Still at UK Gun Repairs. Belongs to one of their customers. Might well be for sale as by sheer chance the owner came in today just as I was about to leave but did speak to him. Wouldn't give a price - one of the make me an offer brigade.

• 2 months later...

Mine was the webley Vulcan, I wrote to an airgun magazine asking them what was the cheapest gun I could hunt rabbits with.

My letter was published and their advice was buy the Vulcan.

I used an old bsa meteor up until then , open sights and was more about luck then anything else if I came home with a rabbit for my ferrets.

It was years later before I got to shoot a Vulcan and trufully wasn't impressed .

I still have the urge to own a airarms pro elite ...

Hens teeth

A hw80 tuned and fitted in a nice walnut stock would also be nice

Washerboy I always wanted a Webley Vulcan....because I read in a letter in an Airgun Magazine which said it was a suitable gun to start off with....this would of been about 1985/86...was it your letter?? I was given a Webley Victor which was fine to start off with. I still have it although I now use a Wheirach HW90.

Cheers

Aled

I always lusted after an HW77 air rifle but couldn't afford one. As a teenager I was given an old Relum Telly air rifle with a worn sear (dodgy!) which was knackered but took a few magpies with that one, and squirrels before finding a used Webley Vulcan which the air rifle press (Airgun World I seem to remember) banded about at the time (mid 1980's would have been about right) as an ideal starter hunting air rifle.

It wasn't that good really. A mate had an ancient Mk1 BSA Airsporter and a later BSA Mercury. Both were better air rifles. Another mate had a Sharp Innova when they first came out and being really impressed with that one, saved all my pennies for several years and bought one (by then into my 20's!). Got fed up pumping it every time I took a shot, with the pumping racket scaring everything for miles away! That spurred me into changing it for a Falcon pneumatic (F19, one of their first). Had that years before getting bored with it and havig to re-charge diving bottles, so traded it for an Air Arms TX200 carbine hunter. Still got that one, and of all the air rifles that I lusted after, this was really at the top of my air rifle list, and remains still the best air rifle I've ever owned. Had it years now, and it still shoots tight groups at 30 yards with Air Arms Diablo pellets. Getting a little lazy on the spring now so may (after many thousands of shots) replace the spring.

For me it was the Ensign Elite- the forerunner to the saxby Palmer , then Brocock air rifles.

Such a shame they became outlawed as really wished to have at a later time, one of the Harper Fox canes.

Side note, I know they are not transferable in the U.K. But if someone wishes to dispose of one then let me know as they still ok in France as long as less than 16 joules or with a bit of registration, way over that

I had a .357 686 Smith & Wesson nice gun, traded it in for a Sig Sauer P226 LDC. When i was younger a BSA Airsporter was the gun i wanted.

Lovely guns I have shot a few revolvers in the USA mainly Ruger gp100's and some taurus .44 magnum thing.

Still got to be the M134 Minigun for me, I may actually be able to down a few pigeons with one of those!

Edited by Wingman