Fostering a spaniel

TaxiDriver

Perhaps you can enlighten me, I've read it but I can't find the bit where the original owners told the charity about the dogs unstable history can you point me to it.

Have a look at post 38 it might enlighten you....

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all off these charities should have a very decent/competant dog behaviourist assesing dogs as they come in and before they go out.

I know 1 makes a big deal of never putting a healthy dog down, which is very praiseworthy, but some dogs they get in surley can not be fit to be released into a home safely.

Esp some of the more aggressive breeds, possibly ur fighting or guarding dogs even terriers esp if they have been mistreated in the past.

I hope u get it sorted out and glad it did not do any more harm to u both

Have a look at post 38 it might enlighten you....

I still don't see where it says the original owners fully informed the charity of the dogs history.

It says they notified their vet about the dogs behaviour. If they deliberately withheld this info from the charity could they in someway be held liable.

Edited by toontastic

I think all off these charities should have a very decent/competant dog behaviourist assesing dogs as they come in and before they go out.

I know 1 makes a big deal of never putting a healthy dog down, which is very praiseworthy, but some dogs they get in surley can not be fit to be released into a home safely.

Esp some of the more aggressive breeds, possibly ur fighting or guarding dogs even terriers esp if they have been mistreated in the past.

I hope u get it sorted out and glad it did not do any more harm to u both

It should say never put a healthy and stable dog down. I watched a documentary about them and if the dogs failed behaviour accessing they are PTS

On the subject of wether the dog rescue charity are to blame OR, the original owner will be matter for my Solictor to get to the bottom of.

Either the original owner told the dog charity that there was previous concerns over aggression and the Dog rescue people then misled us, telling us it was an ideal first foster, a family dog with no issues

OR,

The original owner failed to disclose the previous concerns over aggression directed towards his wife/children when signing the dog over to the dog rescue charity ?

My solicitor has suggested that here may be a case against The rescue as they take the dog in and place it in a home with no assessment of the dog.

Blimey. That's a fair bit of damage and swelling. Still you can't blame the dog when you look like that. I hope that you and the wife get over the injuries and the mental stress issues that you will have. I got nipped on the thigh by an Alsatian whilst going past it's home out on the shoot. It was a surprise to me because there wasn't any warning and it just sort of slipped in from my side and got me. There was a bit of pain and swelling but it had a weird effect on my mind. A kind of feeling of personal violation and assault that lasted for several months. It's difficult to explain what or why I felt like the way I did.

Ruddy ell mate

Hows your wife ??

she's ok, probably going to have 3 distinct puncture mark scars that will probably look like bad pock marks, Only time will tell really, but her cheek did resemble the photo of my hand, but surgeons done a brilliant job minimising the physical scar.

Blimey. That's a fair bit of damage and swelling. Still you can't blame the dog when you look like that. I hope that you and the wife get over the injuries and the mental stress issues that you will have. I got nipped on the thigh by an Alsatian whilst going past it's home out on the shoot. It was a surprise to me because there wasn't any warning and it just sort of slipped in from my side and got me. There was a bit of pain and swelling but it had a weird effect on my mind. A kind of feeling of personal violation and assault that lasted for several months. It's difficult to explain what or why I felt like the way I did.

Look like that ? cheek lol,

We've been dog lovers & owners most our lives, NOW, Can't even stand the sight of my next door neighbours JRT or the neighbours dopey cocker bitch, Was in town today for a hospital appointment and a homeless guy with a long coated black GSD came round a blind corner made me jump, and the dog barked lol. - newsflash : I can climb anti climb paint if I have to !!

Yes, it definitely isn't a fun experience. I didn't have a fear or loathing of dogs afterwards but it did have a weird effect on me for a while and I only had a little nip which didn't break the skin through the leggings and jeans. I wasn't an Alsatian fan before and certainly aren't more so now. If I knew that the blighter was going to do a sneak attack I would have given it a love tap right across it's muzzle with my holly stick. I don't think that it would have enjoyed that and come back for second helpings.

Have heard from Essex Police today that Pudsey the ESS is to be returned to it owners SpanielAidUK

A situation that my wife and I find absolutely incredulous and distressing.

Pretty disgusted with SpanielAid UK who have shown little or no concern for us humans,

Not so much as a 'Get Well soon' card or flowers or hospital visit (we were in 4 days).

All they have done is to block me from commenting on their Facebook page which I can now only view, and deleted me from their private Fosterers chat group.

Here is an idea I don't use face book but sure lots of others on here do, have people leave msgs and the pics of your hand on there pages saying and showing what happened.

Just don't jeopardiseyou case against them for when you sue them

Shocking.

From the Police point of view,

it's an usual situation that the 2 Sergeants and 2 Constables and a PS from the dog section haven't come across before.

One where both myself and my wife were the victim and the perpetrator (owner of the dog by virtue that we were looking after the dog)

As such there's nowhere to go Or anything to gain by prosecuting us.

The contact and support we've had from Essex Police officers who've been involved from the Dog handler who attended on the night and secured the dog to those who've reviewed the situation has been brilliant.

Because of the way the dangerous dogs act is presently, Because the dog attacked us in our own home and we were in effect it's owners at the time it doesn't stand up under the dangerous dogs act , Because of this they have no choice but to return the dog to its 'owner' Spaniel Aid UK

I have no control over any comments left by third persons on Spaniel Aid UK Facebook page where Pudsey can be seen if you scroll back to around 11/12 of April

I cant see much probably because I'm not on face book but the dog could end up anywhere, your hand looked bad enough but it could be a kids face next???

All very wrong dog has got obvious issues and is going to be homed somewhere else again, no no no

I cant see much probably because I'm not on face book but the dog could end up anywhere, your hand looked bad enough but it could be a kids face next???

All very wrong dog has got obvious issues and is going to be homed somewhere else again, no no no

This time it wasn't a kids face :no:

It was my wife's face that looked like the wound on the back of my hand.

The original owner had expressed concerns to his vet in January over aggression towards his wife,

23hours after they gave it up and it arrived with us, The dog attacked my wife without warning !

Now Spaniel Aid UK will have it back.

Edited by TaxiDriver

Thanks for the link BB. Appearances ​can be deceptive. It looks ​like a nice animal. It is such a shame that this dog may attack again and end up being put down and inflicting serious injuries on someone

Edited by fortune

being honest it needs to be put down before it attacks someone else less capable of defending themselves, i think you have duty of care to inform the police under the dangerous dogs act, we dont want to hear about its next attack on the six o clock news